Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pda Phone for Mainly Wireless

• 25-11-2006 7:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭

okies

basically im lookin for a phone thats Wireless with features n all that crap

i was lookin at the XDA mini/qtek/i-mate k-jam but for whatever reason i got turned off

someone suggested a treo 650 but im not sure

so yeah good wireless with lots o features

woops forgot to mention that the camera has to be good
    and windows mobile thing ?

okies

edit:
    iv been looking at the asus p525 , the treo 650 and the i-mate JASJAM
    im currently liking the jasjam alot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭cujimmy

the xda exce has everything your looking for except it is a bit big, i've been using one for sometime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

got a link man i cant seem to find that phone

the jasjam is 1000 euros.. thats insane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

okies

basically im lookin for a phone thats Wireless with features n all that crap

i was lookin at the XDA mini/qtek/i-mate k-jam but for whatever reason i got turned off

someone suggested a treo 650 but im not sure

so yeah good wireless with lots o features

woops forgot to mention that the camera has to be good
    and windows mobile thing ?

okies

edit:
    iv been looking at the asus p525 , the treo 650 and the i-mate JASJAM
    im currently liking the jasjam alot

IIRC none of the treos have wifi (if that's what you mean by wireless).

as for the cameras in pda-phones i'm not that sure about which is best tbh.

the ipaq 6915 is a decent enough wm 5.0 ppc-phone with gps, wifi and keyboard. it comes however with a square screen which might cause problems with some apps. it's also wider than most other pda-phones.

then there is the eten x500 with wm 5.0, wifi, gsm/gprs, bluetooth, gps and fm tuner in a nice form factor. or you could wait for the eten m700 which has all the above and a slideout keyboard but is slightly thicker.

if you want a slide out keyboard there's also the o2 xda mini s/ imate kjam/ htc prophet as you mentioned. however it's thicker than the other devices and its processor is slower.

you could also look at the new htc devices, the trinity and artemis.

the htc 3300/artemis is another AIO wm 5.0 device with similar specs to the eten x500 but a weaker TI omap processor like the kjam above. it's a nice looking device imho though.

the htc 3600/trinity is a small 3g wm 5.0 ppc phone with a better processor that you could also look at.

as for the o2 xda exec/imate jasjar/htc universal it's a bit of a brick compared to all the above and it's very pricy.
    it has 3g though so if your prepared to overlook its size it might be suitable.

other ppc-phones worth a look include the o2 atom or ipaq rw6815 which are essentially the same device and have wifi, gsm/gprs, bluetooth, fm tuner in a nice, light form factor.

there's also the htc tytn which is like a 3g/hsdpa version of the htc wizard but with a better processor and slightly thinner afaik.

i'd go with the eten glofiish x500 though.

man its so damned hard to choose from

all im interested is Wifi and Cam mainly like i said
    i like the Dell Axim X51V

hmm it has no cam

god damn!

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭cujimmy

https://shop.o2.co.uk/phone/O2/XDA_Exec

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

no, the jasjaM (which is the htc tytn) is actually in the region of €750, not €1000.

the jasjaR/htc universal (same device as o2 exec) on the other hand used to retail for about €1000 but now seems to be selling for about €900.
    Bundled with satnav software however it's about a grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I got the O2 Exec Atom a few months back and it is the dogs proverbials. Details here. If 3g isn't important, then this might be worth looking at. It has all the features you want (2 Megapixel camera, Wifi, etc.) but it also has an FM radio. This is what swayed it for me.

It is about the size of a deck of playing cards, so it fits perfectly into a trouser pocket. The extra O2 software really makes it, a personal favourite being the media center-type interfact to the music and pictures (and videos if you have it).

It's cost me around €700 from expansys.ie

u definitly suggest the 02 phone?

ok well it looks real nice man but the price kills me

im hopin to spend between 200 and 500 euros on a pda not 700 to 1000

but it looks exactly what i want so i might actually save up

Advertisement