Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Survivor Series predictions

• 25-11-2006 8:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

Yet another WWE PPV but I'm actually looking forward to this one. Here are my predictions for this Sunday...

King Booker vs Batista (World Heavyweight championship)

Apparently this is the main event but I'll believe that when I see it. I personally think the title should remain with King Booker but I have a horrible feeling that they will go with Batista winning this one. Even so, I'll trust that they will be smart for once and keep the belt on King Bookah.

DX, CM Punk & the Hardy Boyz vs Rated RKO, Johnny Nitro, Mike Knox and Gregory Helms

This is an intriguing match-up for all sorts of reasons. First of all there's CM Punk who has not lost yet, then there's Randy Orton who has been the last sole survivor in the last three Survivor Series matches he's been in. I think it will come down to Shawn Michaels and Orton with Orton getting the pin.

Undertaker vs Ken Kennedy (First Blood)

A lot of people seem to think Kennedy will win and Taker will disappear for a few months. I don't think Taker will leave just yet as Armageddon is coming up but I do think Kennedy will get the win in this one setting up a rematch.

John Cena, Kane, Lashley, Sabu & RVD vs Big Show, Test, Umaga, Finlay and MVP

This is another interesting one with Umaga so far undefeated. I see Umaga getting himself disqualified or counted out as a way to protect that. My prediction is that it will come down to John Cena vs Big Show and Finlay with Cena overcoming the odds (yawn) and getting the victory over Show in the end.

Ric Flair, Dusty Rhodes, Ron Simmons & Sgt. Slaughter w/Arn Anderson vs Kenny, Johnny, Nicky & Mikey w/Mitch

I see it coming down to Flair and Simmons against Johnny and Kenny with the end coming when Flair makes Kenny tap out.

Chris Benoit vs Chavo Guerrero (US Title)

If this match is given time it can be the match of the night. I'm going with Benoit making Chavo tap out to the crossface.

Lita vs Mickie James (Women's title)

Lita's last match but I find it hard to believe that she will get to retire with the belt like Trish as it would mean having to go through yet another tournament so I'm going with Mickie to get the win here. I just hope this one is short.

I think this PPV will be good but I just hope CM Punk isn't buried in his match.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I'm really looking forward to this ppv. Traditonal survivor series matches are always fun.

The rumour is Booker will win with Batista winning the rumble setting up a match with him versus Taker at mania. So my prediction is to go with the rumour.

DX, CM Punk & the Hardy Boyz vs Rated RKO, Johnny Nitro, Mike Knox and Gregory Helms
    Its hard to call. Seeing Triple H and HBK jobbed out in 2 consecutive ppvs is a rarity. So I see DX coming out on top. But Randy Orton surviving and keeping his record wouldn't surprise me either.

No real opinion on the match.

Umaga to be the sole survivor. They have to put him over strong to set a programe up with Cena.

Ric Flair, Dusty Rhodes, Ron Simmons & Sgt. Slaughter w/Arn Anderson vs Kenny, Johnny, Nicky & Mikey w/Mitch

I'll go with Flair as the sole survivor due to a mix up between Johnny and Kenny.

Benoit to retain

Mickie. I really liked Lita's promo on raw this week though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I took notice of this ppv when I heard about the matches, it'll be the first WWE ppv I've watched since Summerslam, and it doesn't sound like I've missed out on much!

King Booker vs Batista (World Heavyweight championship) - Booker, he seems much more entertaining than he's been in ages since he started this king gimmick, and losing the title would harm it

DX, CM Punk & the Hardy Boyz vs Rated RKO, Johnny Nitro, Mike Knox and Gregory Helms - Punk to start off and pin everyone on the other team! Although realistically I see HHH pinning Randy in the end

Undertaker vs Ken Kennedy (First Blood) - Kennedy to win. It'd be easy to have him beat Taker while also making it look like a fluke in this kind of match, which is what I'd imagine will happen

John Cena, Kane, Lashley, Sabu & RVD vs Big Show, Test, Umaga, Finlay and MVP - Umaga to pin Cena in the end. Or possibly RVD if they're pissed at him about the Iraq situation

Ric Flair, Dusty Rhodes, Ron Simmons & Sgt. Slaughter w/Arn Anderson vs Kenny, Johnny, Nicky & Mikey w/Mitch - Kenny to pin Slaughter

Chris Benoit vs Chavo Guerrero (US Title) - Chavo to win the title. I'd love to watch these two feud, but the storyline they have just forces me away

Lita vs Mickie James (Women's title) - I think Lita will retain the title here and lose it some other time. I don't think the retirement thing is completely true just yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Still not sure i'll order it yet, I really regretted not getting last years one! The card is strong, which is a rarity in WWE PPVs as of late, lets hope they live up to the hype!

Gonna go with Batista winning it in the same arena as he relinquished the title and maybe going to 'Mania and dropping it to Taker.

Triple H to pin Orton, after CM Punk getting DQ'd for using a weapon on Knox or something (that would make Punk more 'extreme' IMHO).

Taker to win, maybe with the use of the microphone on Kennedy....Kennedy!

Don't really care about this one tbh, i'm sure Cena will get the win, possibly over Umaga.

Legends to win, Spirit Squad to break-up, setting up a Kenny Vs. Johnny fued.

Guerrero to win cos of cheating by Vickie

I want Lita to win, but not another Womens Tournament, plus I think Mickie deserves a win after all the matches going into Survivor Series.

Should be an interesting PPV, hope WWE lets it live up to its potential.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭d1sc0g1rl

Kennedy to beat the Undertaker.This will give ken the push he deserves.He will then on to win the Royal Rumble and get the world belt at wrestlemania 23

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I'm thinking about buying the ppv on box office . how much is it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

i can't shake the feeling that punk is going to turn heel during this match, i don't know why it doesn't really make sense,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

I'm thinking about buying the ppv on box office . how much is it
    21.95...not worth it in my opinion....theres plenty of sources to get it from only hours after its shown
    the match im most looking forward to is chave and benoit and also seeing CM punk in a wwe ring....everything else is predictable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Boomer23

have to go with Booker due to the "cant challenge again" stipulation, meaning he will lose it to someone else and Batista will beat them at Mania

Edge to interfere after getting knocked out by one of the Hardy's, drawing blood from HHH and CM Punk to turn heel......Orton to pin HHH

Kennedy to win, fued with Booker and win title, only to lose it at the Rumble to Taker

Cena to be handicapped 2-1 with Finlay and Umaga left after everyone else takes eachother out in a random brawl......Finlay hits Cena with shilaley but Cena fights back to FU Umaga and STFU finlay after hitting him with own shilaley

Flair to pin Kenny after he is turned on by Johnny, squad to split and fued

benoit puts chavo in crossface, vicky diverts Ref, chavo taps but its not seen, Benoit lets go to shout at vicky, chavo rolls benoit to steal one

Mickie to win, Lita to come back at rumble or mania to screw Mickie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

20061107_ss_elimination2new.jpg

Match of the night IMO.. hoping to see Punk get some serious ring time in this (watched his best of dvd the other night, unreal).. The Hardys looked good together on ECW, so hope to see some offence from them. I expect it to come down to HHH and Orton with Trips getting the win...

20061107_ss_elimination2.jpg

another interesting match. (by the way can anyone explain to me why bobby lashley is getting such big pops on ECW??)

Cena to get the win by making Show tap out.. Dont expect RVD or Sabu to feature much

20061120_ss_withsimmons.jpg

TO be perfectly honest, I coulndt give a sh!te about this match. A team of has beens? Come on surely theres better talent out there who deserve the ring time? And will someone make Flair stop wrestling? It's just embarrassing at this stage.. Prediction? Spirit Squad win.

20061110_ss_ustitle.jpg

Really looking forward to this. As Mr Nice Guy said if they're given time it should be a cracker. Not too keen on the storyline but should be a top quality wrestling match.

20061110_ss_womens.jpg

Yaaaaawwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.. Next..

20061110_ss_undertaker.jpg

KEEEENNNNEEEEDDYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Taker's bound to put him over isnt he? It would kill Kennedys character if he didnt. Really looking forward to this for some reason. Kennedy for the win. But i expect a twist along the way...

20061110_ss_heavyweight.jpg

Another match i couldnt give a sh!te about.. Batista for the win.

Well thats it.. Could be great, could be pants, most likely it'll be average.. We shall see...

Roar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

I'm kinda in two minds of who will win after watching Smackdown last night, somehow I doubt they would keep Batista out of the title race if Booker did indeed win, who else would they have to compete for the title right now...so I'm gonna go with Batista to win...although I'd prefer to see Booker hang onto the title for another while!

Team Rated RKO to pick up the win me thinks...by cheating somehow. I hope Punk does have a fair bit of involvement, although the focus will probably be put on DX, Hardys, Edge & Orton.

Gonna go with Kennedy for this one

I think it'll come down to Cena, Lashley & Big Show. Cena's team winning...Cena getting the pin :rolleyes: Power Ranger to be outed first, lol

Spirit Squad to lose, resulting in them arguing amongst themselves....DAMN (couldn't resist!)

Unfortunetly I think this storyline will go on for a while yet...Benoit for the win

I'd like to see Lita leaving with the title win but I don't think they would allow that, especially after Trish doing the same and having to have another tournament wouldn't go down well! Mickie to win. Now they just gotta bring Beth back and use Victoria more....and bring Jillian to Raw!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Looking forward to this one hopefully team xtreme get a major push Team DX to win

umaga to win they cant have two faces win so i will go for the heels in this one Big show to come into the ring after he has been eliminated and then umaga pins cena

Legends to win with a bust up between kenny and johnny

20061110_ss_ustitle.jpg
    Chavo to win and lose it on smackdown

20061110_ss_womens.jpg
    If lita is retireing then mickie to win but I expect lita to win and then say ah well i might as well stay.

Taker to win.

Batista to win with help from the queen unintentionally.

Would not mind watching this but i am not paying €21 for it. Pity really.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Reganio 2 wrote:
    I'd love to see Punk as sole survivor but it'll be DX that should get that honour.

Cena to win "against all odds",beating 3 heels in succession.

Surely the long awaited Squad implosion will happen tonight!

20061110_ss_ustitle.jpg
    Chavo new US Champ with more Vickie interference.

20061110_ss_womens.jpg
    Has to be Mickie surely? Think Lita will do something that see her leave with her head held high though.

Kennedy to keep the feud going although he gets busted first after a ref bump.

Batista to get the strap in the very building he lost it.

Advertisement