Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless connection problem

Options
  • 25-11-2006 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭

Hi,

A friend has just got Eircom wireless broadband and everything was working fine for a few days. However today the wireless connection doesnt seem to work. It does actually connect and it says "validating identity" but then a message comes up in a pop up at the bottom of the screen saying "windows cannot find a certificate to log you on to Eircom xxxxx". The broadband works perfectly when he manually plugs it in, its just a problem with the wireless connection.

The wireless connection is a Belkin wireless G usb adapter.

I presume its just some setting that needs changing??

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Cheers

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

looks like his security settings are certificate based and not wep or wpa as they should be (on the laptop) of else he has added ms chap or a superflous second stage to the wpa authentication or else he has set enterprise wpa not 'simple' wpa

looks like :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Thanks for the response - I'll tell him to have a look at his settings. He did say that he hadnt changed anything deliberately though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 James D. Smith

I just wanted to register the helpfulness of this thread; it gave me an early win on a Sunday morning, and one chore off my do list.

For users who may not be sure where to go to check their EAP settings, this is deep in the properties for your wireless network connection, on the 'Authentication' tab on Windows XP Pro, and the check box to uncheck has the text 'Enable IEEE 8.2.1 authentication for this network.' Be sure that you DON'T need EAP for anything before turning it off.

Advertisement