Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny Clubs NYE

Options
  • 25-11-2006 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

hi just wondering what kilkenny is like for going out what clubs are there etc and which ones are good etc..... planning on renting a gaf with few mates for new years eve just wondering if its a good idea!! any info appreciated cheers.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

It all depends how much you fancy being squashed like a sardine into an overcrowded venue alongside lots of other people who fancied going to Kilkenny for the new year :) You'll generally need to get tickets in advance to get into the clubs and some of the pubs e.g. Matt the Miller's. The main clubs in Kilkenny are Langton's (which will cost a bomb to get into on new year's eve), The Venue, Nero's and the Zoo. Avoid at all costs the night-club at the back of O'Faolain's/Kilford Arms on John St. I can't remember the name of it just at the moment but it really is the dingiest, grubbiest kip ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

THE COOOOOOOOO, think it's called club 51 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭zootroid

clubs in kk are pretty poor. the zoo and the venue are fairly dodgy. langtons is the best of a bad bunch, but the music is terrible

They do get some banging toones on later in the evening, for about 15 minutes. Banging meaning not chart/pop/suicidal music.

John

Lump wrote:

Thanks. I couldn't think of its fancy new name :cool:

• Advertisement

Lump wrote:
    They do get some banging toones on later in the evening, for about 15 minutes. Banging meaning not chart/pop/suicidal music.

John

Love your description :D
    It still wouldn't tempt me to darken its doors on new year's eve though. I can still remember going down into the club last Christmas, taking one look at the seriously jammed dancefloor which was heaving as one because of its being so crowded and turning back.

Yea, I never go out on New years eve, tis mental. I did go to langtons on Stephen's night last year though. We had a meal first and then you can go straight into the club. Little more expensive then normal, but you get a nice dinner and no hassel goign to the club, might do the same this year if I can organise it from across the water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 NewYorkJoe

Lump wrote:

I remember some people used to call it The Sperm Parlour

So that's what makes the floors so sticky in there...:eek:

Advertisement