Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US troops taunt Iraqi kids

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,201 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Bringing freedom & democracy to a country near you

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

sh!t like this doesn't help anyone and certainly doesn't help the soliders who are there and just doing a job.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

While I do agree that the actions in the video are pretty despicable, I have to ask; why is anyone surprised?

You can't expect an army trained to kill to be compasionate peace keepers, you can't expect to lower the bottom-line for recruits and not see negative effects (the bottom line exists for a reason) and you can't expect humanity to always survive the atmosphere of the country and the army itself.

Not condoning anything by any stretch of the imagination, just pointing out that incidents like this should be expected by the US; they may not be Army policy, as such, but they can't keep saying this is an isolated and unique occourance.

flogen wrote:
    You can't expect an army trained to kill to be compasionate peace keepers

Not sure about US troops but UK troops are actually trained in peace-keeping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

to be honest it doesn't surprise me considering a few weeks ago a group of US soldiers raped a 14 year old girl and killed her and her family for fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,363 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

More hearts and minds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdpoiazTyDc&NR

American soldier is obviously disappointed that he is not allowed to shoot ‘little kids’ who throw rocks at his vehicle.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Rock Climber

Dispicable? Yes.
    Majority behaviour of their armed forces? No

The majority behaviour never makes news but conclusions convenient to political viewpoints are of course always easily drawn from examples of minority behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,363 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Dispicable? Yes.
    Majority behaviour of their armed forces? No

The majority behaviour never makes news but conclusions convenient to political viewpoints are of course always easily drawn from examples of minority behaviour.

true, the bigger point though is that the US policy is a complete failure, the fact that kids will run after a bottle of water is a more telling fact then the actions of a few goons.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

to be honest it doesn't surprise me considering a few weeks ago a group of US soldiers raped a 14 year old girl and killed her and her family for fun.

More examples of military brutality on kids, which I personally witnessed.

My driver physically torturing and abusing a local kid while another looks on helplessly
    Morrowkid2.JPG

My medic contemplates which one to rape.
    Medickids.JPG

My driver kidnaps two kids out of a bunch.
    Morrowkid1.JPG

My wingman's driver taunts kids.
    wiltseykids.JPG

Local kids instructing us to "sit on this and swivel"
    localkids.jpg

Local girls each indicating how many times evil Americans have raped themthreegirls.JPG

Note we have given the kid in the back some cracked cocaine.
    localkids2.jpg

Local kids after we threw them in the irrigation canal
    cool.JPG

Local kids have been indoctrinated. We shall turn them into little militaristic killers, all it took was a bottle of water...
    salute.jpg

Demonstrating their contempt, local kids attempt to poison my platoon sergeant.
    teatank2.JPG
    My PSG reacts as he realises their evil deed.
    teatank3.JPG

At gunpoint, we demand that they exchange us what little good, tasty food they have in return for their taking our horrible ration packs.
    localmre.JPG

My wingman being swamped by locals. Note the defiant local giving the "Power" salute. Our machinegun shortly afterwards opened up to keep them away, killing dozens.
    popular1.jpg
    popular2.jpg

Fearing another evil assault by the tanks, kids form a human barrier to stop the tank from entering town
    tnkdstkds.JPG
    It was for naught, however. See, how the kids scream in pain as our tank runs over them. Note the blond guy, proof, in a dark-haired Arab country, that evil American soldiers have been raping.
    tankkids.JPG

Gunner on another platoon's vehicle taunted kids by throwing sweets out.
    candying.JPG

The Pied Piper of Mosul, an infantryman, leads kids away to their impending doom...
    kidsfollow.jpg

We corralled dozens of them.
    popular.JPG

Any questions?

Actually, the Iraqi kids could be extremely annoying. We were always on good terms with them, but dear God, we got sick of having them keep coming up saying "Meesta! Meesta! Give me (whatever)"

On the level of Abu Ghraib or other such travesties, I don't think the guys throwing a bottle of water out to the strongest runner is really going to turn the populace. (Indeed, it would have been much worse had he not thrown the bottle out at the end)
    fact that kids will run after a bottle of water is a more telling fact then the actions of a few goons.
    Trust me, they'd run after the truck if you dangled a three-day-old newspaper out the back. Sometimes not even dangling anything at all. They began to view gifts from Americans as an entitlement, indeed, sometimes if you gave no indication that you'd give anything at all, they'd throw rocks at you. What was amusing though was when the adults would then throw rocks at the kids.
    "Bravo this is two zero, i now have a broken windshield, Thank you for not authorising force"

The Beauty of American Imperialism.

Couple of warning shots wouldn't have gone amiss. A rock upside the head is going to injure you if it's thrown by a kid or an adult. A lot of those trucks didn't have side windows.

NTM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Hobbes wrote:
    Must be a recent development, cos from my twenty odd years of experience of them, they didn't seem to have attended those peace-keeping lectures!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭sovtek

More examples of military brutality on kids, which I personally witnessed.

My driver physically torturing and abusing a local kid while another looks on helplessly
    Morrowkid2.JPG

My medic contemplates which one to rape.
    Medickids.JPG

My driver kidnaps two kids out of a bunch.
    Morrowkid1.JPG

My wingman's driver taunts kids.
    wiltseykids.JPG

Local kids instructing us to "sit on this and swivel"
    localkids.jpg

Local girls each indicating how many times evil Americans have raped themthreegirls.JPG

Note we have given the kid in the back some cracked cocaine.
    localkids2.jpg

Local kids after we threw them in the irrigation canal
    cool.JPG

Local kids have been indoctrinated. We shall turn them into little militaristic killers, all it took was a bottle of water...
    salute.jpg

Demonstrating their contempt, local kids attempt to poison my platoon sergeant.
    teatank2.JPG
    My PSG reacts as he realises their evil deed.
    teatank3.JPG

At gunpoint, we demand that they exchange us what little good, tasty food they have in return for their taking our horrible ration packs.
    localmre.JPG

My wingman being swamped by locals. Note the defiant local giving the "Power" salute. Our machinegun shortly afterwards opened up to keep them away, killing dozens.
    popular1.jpg
    popular2.jpg

Fearing another evil assault by the tanks, kids form a human barrier to stop the tank from entering town
    tnkdstkds.JPG
    It was for naught, however. See, how the kids scream in pain as our tank runs over them. Note the blond guy, proof, in a dark-haired Arab country, that evil American soldiers have been raping.
    tankkids.JPG

Gunner on another platoon's vehicle taunted kids by throwing sweets out.
    candying.JPG

The Pied Piper of Mosul, an infantryman, leads kids away to their impending doom...
    kidsfollow.jpg

We corralled dozens of them.
    popular.JPG

Any questions?

Actually, the Iraqi kids could be extremely annoying. We were always on good terms with them, but dear God, we got sick of having them keep coming up saying "Meesta! Meesta! Give me (whatever)"

On the level of Abu Ghraib or other such travesties, I don't think the guys throwing a bottle of water out to the strongest runner is really going to turn the populace. (Indeed, it would have been much worse had he not thrown the bottle out at the end)

Trust me, they'd run after the truck if you dangled a three-day-old newspaper out the back. Sometimes not even dangling anything at all. They began to view gifts from Americans as an entitlement, indeed, sometimes if you gave no indication that you'd give anything at all, they'd throw rocks at you. What was amusing though was when the adults would then throw rocks at the kids.

Couple of warning shots wouldn't have gone amiss. A rock upside the head is going to injure you if it's thrown by a kid or an adult. A lot of those trucks didn't have side windows.

NTM

This is further evidence that the war is lost and backs up points already made about dehumanising the occupier as well as the occupied.

That haircut should be made a warcrime. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭sovtek

NTM

...and then what if those warning shots weren't heeded?

sovtek wrote:
    ...and then what if those warning shots weren't heeded?

Lots of new possible darwin award winners?

Hobbes wrote:
    That haircut should be made a warcrime. :)

I have to say, I'm not a particular fan of what is considered 'vogue' in the US Army. I probably have one of the longest haircuts in the military, though still well within regs.

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭clearz

Hobbes wrote:

Yeah they did a good job of that for 40 years up the north :rolleyes:. Anyway what does people expect. For them to be running round showering the kids in flowers. These people are trained (brainwashed) killers. They thought to supress empathy and this is a demonstraition of the results.

These people are trained (brainwashed) killers. They thought to supress empathy

[Editor's note: We apologise for the lack of text in this post, but the poster is currently unavailable as he has fallen off the chair in laughter and appears unable to re-compose himself sufficiently to type. We hope to return to normal posting shortly. In the meantime, please enjoy this light music...].

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

No seriously, "Suppressing Empathy" is a two week module during basic training. It means less time is available for the "Bayonetting Civilians" module than might be considered ideal, but it's a vital subject to cover.

Advertisement