Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom BB + Smart Voice = no service...

Options
  • 25-11-2006 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭

I was with Smart for voice and Eircom for BB. On the 11th Of November Eircom cut off my broadband. I still can't get them to reconnect.
    I've been onto pratically every number in Eircom. I even got re-directed to Eircom Wholesale by one of the people on the BB helpline. Still didn't help tho.
    Someone Called out from Eircom Field Sales on Thursday and told me everything would be resolved at noon the following day. I've still no broadband.
    Guys name was Derek Mc Gloughlan. He also gave me a mobile number to ring but it was a not in service number. [ 0864823685]
    I've made about 30 phone calls to Eircom at this stage.
    The current sutuation with them seems to be that they are treating me like a new customer. Even tho I had BB since the day it first came out.

Anyone know the number for the complaints department?
    Or someone that might be able to help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

sounds completely silly, just like most things eircom do, be careful and make sure they arent doing it just to make you sign a new contract and thus lock you in for another minimum term. Absolutely no reason for why your BB should be cut at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Id edit out the guys name and number if I was you there might be some privacy issues especially because that is probably his personal mobile. Im pretty sure you will have to sign a new contract because you would have been paying line rental and voice calls to Smart and Eircom have only been obligated to provide you with BB thus far, Which means that they would see you as a new Voice customer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

bricks wrote:
    I was with Smart for voice and Eircom for BB. On the 11th Of November Eircom cut off my broadband. I still can't get them to reconnect.
    I've been onto pratically every number in Eircom. I even got re-directed to Eircom Wholesale by one of the people on the BB helpline. Still didn't help tho.
    who did you pay line rental to ??
    Someone Called out from Eircom Field Sales on Thursday and told me everything would be resolved at noon the following day. I've still no broadband.
    Guys name was Derek Mc Gloughlan. He also gave me a mobile number to ring but it was a not in service number. [ 0864823685]
    I've made about 30 phone calls to Eircom at this stage.
    you can ring Derek til the cows come home he will (and can) do nothing for you . Other ex Smart customers should ring Derek too and ask him to sort them out. Late at night is premium winback time.
    The current sutuation with them seems to be that they are treating me like a new customer. Even tho I had BB since the day it first came out.
    if we had a regulator :p
    Anyone know the number for the complaints department?
    Or someone that might be able to help?

you are not a customer so you cant complain to eircom is kinda the logic here.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

if you had BB with eircom id assume he was using Smart CPS. if however you originally got voice from smart and used their single billing system, and later got eircom broadband, then not sure how exactly thats done but it would leave the door open for such a disconnection.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭bricks

Thats why I'm not worried about printing it.
    I'd never print it if it was real.
    I was an Eircom BB customer long before I was a Smart Customer.
    The line rental + CPS was with Smart.
    Its just unbelieveable that they have no way of sorting me out other than completly deleting my BB account and treating me like a totally new customer.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,200 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Take the opportunity and move completely to Smart. Their broadband is much better than Eircom's and your bills will be much less.

I was an unbundled customer of Smart - Eircom disconnected me and made a complete balls of reconnecting me, resulting in my having the wrong phone number altogether. They took seven weeks to reconnect me, but thank God I am back with Smart now.

No wonder ComReg made their pathetic noises (page 18 yesterday's 'Irish Times') about Eircom not adhering to rules regarding customers of other companies.

Eircom will mess you around anyway - no point paying them over the odds for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

Not an eircom mobile number. All staff are on meteor...

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭bricks

I've told them that I have had BB for more than 3 years on this line without a problem at 3MB. But she can't put the order through while the line is coming up failed on the system.
    So thats another day wasted while they test it again tomorrow.

Advertisement