Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos: Hardware

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

If that's what I think it is it's built by FN and they're surprisingly sturdy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭quackquackBOOM

is it not a browning :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Correct and true quackquackBOOM. For all Brownings built in Belgium the brand name would be Browning indeed but the handywork is done in the FN plant in Herstal near Liege. The bulk of their activity would be military stuff under the FN label ( FAL, FNC, GP aka BAP, MAG aka GPMG, SAW aka Minimi and the notorious .50cal BMG, P90, Browning/FN 5.7mm pistol......) the bulk of the civilian stuff they make would be under the Browning brand amongst them a couple of passed legends like the B25 o/u, Browning A5 etc. John Moses Browning actually worked at the FN plant for a good while, mostly in cooperation with Dieudonne Saive who's skill as a firearms designer was very closely matched with Browning's.

As far as I know FN still makes a hell of a lot of barrels for Browning hunting rifles.

thanks for that info meathstevie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

• Advertisement

thats a nice rifle bunny lovely stock how much u part for it and whats the scope

thats a nice rifle bunny lovely stock how much u part for it and whats the scope

Thanks. Paid €800 s/h. scope is a hawke 4-12 x 50 €82 from opticswarehouse. I use this scope for bunny shooting. I have a simmons 6-20 x 44 (i think that's right) for target shooting

you did well was looking at one similar to that one for 950 in a local gun shop

you did well was looking at one similar to that one for 950 in a local gun shop

Which shop ? PM me if you prefer not to name in public ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

P1010110.jpg

Ah man,thats a thing of beauty!I was looking at getting a savage rifle in that same basic stock config but opted out and got the cheapy plastic stock instead regretted it ever since!nice one!

re target ranges,Did you look into mallow target club?Never there myself but worth looking into.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

Here is the newest member of the family, she is just 8 weeks old.
    Marlin 17 HMR.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

Here is the newest member of the family, she is just 8 weeks old.
    Marlin 17 HMR.

rifle hunter thats a beauty you got there!! happy shooting with it.........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

There's a lot of bolt behind the lever isn't there, looks odd :p
    Nice rifle though, what bipod do you have ?

spideog7 wrote: »
    There's a lot of bolt behind the lever isn't there, looks odd :p
    Nice rifle though, what bipod do you have ?

Its a harris bipod 9-13

rifle hunter thats a beauty you got there!! happy shooting with it.........

Thanks pantslez, its the first .17 ive had, being using .22lr for years thought i give the .17 ago see what they were like. And iv got to say im pretty happy with it. Only down side to it is the noise, its like being back on the range in the curragh again..:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭tiny-nioclas

my two babies, .22 cz 452, laser pointer 4x40 scope, and 6.5x55 sabbatti with t8 moderator and 3.5-14 x 44 urris fullfield 2 scope, hope this worked lol...

• Registered Users Posts: 39,354 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Whats the story with the laser pointer?

shooting rabbits off the hip, its handier sometimes,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭foxhunter

shooting rabbits off the hip, its handier sometimes,

You do know of course that lasers mounted on firearms are illegal ,
    but im sure you dont really have one mounted on that rifle its just a glitch with your camera lens surely.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

foxhunter wrote: »
    You do know of course that lasers mounted on firearms are illegal ,
    but im sure you dont really have one mounted on that rifle its just a glitch with your camera lens surely.

I thought they were regulated the same way as moderators? They're mentioned in the same part of the act.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,354 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Thats what I thought, along with NV scopes, IR scopes

jesus really? i never knew that, silly law really, whats the point, just as well its a glitch on the camera lol........ better take it off then eh!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭jimbo 22

My Outfit:

.17hmr Cz American, 3x9x50 Hawke , Parker hale Moderator, Haris S25 Bipod, Lightforce 170

And home made battery belt and stock support

czpegxc3.jpg
    By jimbojonesfishin

Jimbo,

Parker Hale is only a 22 lr moderator. Not designed for 17hmr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

Yeah pick up a SAK for €50 and will do your rifle more justice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭N.O.I.P.

Would putting a .22 mod on a .17 harm the mod or rifle at all or would it just be less effective?

N.O.I.P. wrote: »
    Would putting a .22 mod on a .17 harm the mod or rifle at all or would it just be less effective?

It may harm mod, especially plastic "soundbiter" type and definately would be less effective

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭jimbo 22

My local gun smith fitted the moderator for me

I didnt really question it at the time.

Its fairly effective only drawback is it makes the barell a bit longer and more awkward to get around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭N.O.I.P.

It may harm mod, especially plastic "soundbiter" type and definately would be less effective

Figured as much.
    Cheers man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

How do you find the taller bipod Jimbo ? (I think that's the tall one :p )
    Looking to get one.
    Nice light too, I tried to make up my own for the craic, came out ok, I mounted it below the barrel, it's range is only about 100yds though. I'll have to post pics of it !

Advertisement