Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos: Hardware

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭1shot16

What mounts on the bsa lad?

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Boiled-egg

1shot16 wrote: »
    What mounts on the bsa lad?

See PIC below, I don't know much about air guns tbh so not sure if there any good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

Thought i would throw up a pic of my new rig as i have mounted the scope etc..
    It's a savage flcp-k in .308 with a falcon menace 10x42, burris xtr rings, karsten adjustable cheek piece and a harris bipod.:D:D:pac::pac::pac::cool:
    ursz.jpg
    svoe.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭lefthooker

Very nice juice. Good luck and safe shooting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭German pointer

Boyds thumbhole arrived today here it is on the .270

The other rifle is my CZ 455 .17 HMR varmint

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Having had to part with my RPA Thumbhole Varmint last year i regretted it every day since. I decided i needed an RPA again. Since the lad i sold mine to would not sell it back, :D, i had to look around and then found what i was looking for in Jim Griffin's "shooting emporium" (:D) and decided it was exactly what i was looking for. Also having made my mind up to buy the new Sightron S-Tac it seemed i had the perfect match once again.

All i need to do now is mount the scope, and zero then i'm set. I'll post more pictures at the weekend when i have her set up. In the meantime this is my new RPA Interceptor in 6.5x55 with heavy sports (threaded) barrel, adjustable composite stock, all built on RPA's Quadlite action.

picture.php?albumid=2359&pictureid=15046

picture.php?albumid=2359&pictureid=15047

picture.php?albumid=2359&pictureid=15048

picture.php?albumid=2359&pictureid=15045
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Got the scope mounted today. Sorry for poor pictures.

picture.php?albumid=2359&pictureid=15052

picture.php?albumid=2359&pictureid=15051

picture.php?albumid=2359&pictureid=15050

picture.php?albumid=2359&pictureid=15065
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Just purchased this and I am waiting on my license to come through, patiently :)

Putting my Nightforce NXS on it.

Its a TIKKA Super Varmint with the following specification:

Tikka T3 Super varmint 6.5 x 55

1:8 twist 24" barrel

PDC Custom GEN1 Modular chasis

Custom Bolt knob

Accuracy International magazine

GG&G XDS Bipod

rifle65x55_zpsb8b15eda.jpeg

Very Nice. A good mix of tacti-cool and functionality. Reminiscent of Gemini or Dolphin stocks. Should provide a good stable shooting platform.

A great choice in caliber too (:D;)) Should definitely try out the 139 gr Lapua Scenar in her. With 1:8 twist she'll love them. A seriously accurate 600 yard set up.

Very best of luck with her.

After two years of trying to get one, saving up enough only to have to spend it on something else (you know food and the likes) i finally took receipt of the new AICS 2.0 chassis system for the Remy 5R Mil-Spec. Pictures are not great but completely changes the feel and comfort of the rifle. See now why lads like them so much.

picture.php?albumid=2359&pictureid=15096

picture.php?albumid=2359&pictureid=15095

picture.php?albumid=2359&pictureid=15094

• Advertisement

Very very nice cass :) well wear

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Sweet as a nut Cass. I've the 1.5 myself but would love a folding so it'd fit into shorter cases n bags for transport. I've viper skins on mine and while pricey for what they are, they do add to the whole package nicely. Good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭harmoniums

Love it Cass, this is my desired setup, but I can't get a license for the moderator here in CA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

hey harmoniums have you got pics of any new guns!havnt seen a youtube videos or postfrom you in awhile!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Bought and paid for two years ago (yeah, apparently kids will take more time than you first think), but it's finally here, the successor to FrankenRifle...

2014-04-01-19.54.50a.jpg

2014-04-01-19.08.53a.jpg

2014-04-01-19.47.35a.jpg

2014-04-01-19.06.56a.jpg

(I really do prefer that carbon fibre cladding to any bluing job I've ever seen before)

When i say i like new and shiny guns this is what i mean. Caliber is insignificant. The modern look does it for me over all the older stuff.

Very best of luck with it and i'm sure it'll do you proud.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

It's way better than just looking good :D Shooting with it, it just does so many things better than the 2002CA did. The pistol grip fits out of the box, it's a more adjustable stock, the trigger's better, the cylinder holds more shots, the buttplate is slightly better (I'd an aftermarket one on the Anschutz, a Contact II by MEC - the Walther comes with the Contact III), the foreend raiser block is supposed to be able to rotate so I can cant the rifle and still have a flat foreend for my hand - but I've not tested that yet, and it's soooooo much easier to load it from the shoulder, especially if I do that hack of reversing the loading arm (because then it flicks down to open the breech using my right thumb, and up with my right thumb as well like so: http://youtu.be/z5BJXhK2ioc?t=5m00s). It's one of those cases where function has a pretty form :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭patsat

2h2r4o9.jpg

My build from Doms Customs Rifles. Its a 6.5x47....and makes me smile every time I hold it! Will give a full break down on during the week once I shoot a few groups as I only broke in the barrel today. But all the signs are pointing towards this being a very accurate shooter!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

@patsat, is that a Tikka or Sako action?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭patsat

Jonty wrote: »
    @patsat, is that a Tikka or Sako action?

Tikka T3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

Looks like a tikka bolt.

Lovely rifle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭4200fps

Patst class rifle you have!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Lotharmike

Custom 204
    Lothar Walther 26 inch match grade barrel
    GRS Adjustable Hunter
    Swarovski z6i 5-30x50 HD BRI
    Frightening accuracy
    20140411_163412_zpsbb2114dc.jpg

Remington 700 308
    McRee precison stock just got it today(very impressed)
    Zeiss Victory FL 4-16X50 ASV
    20140411_163315_zps355002ab.jpg

Sauer 202 Elegance 308
    Zeiss Victory FL 4-16X50 ASV
    20140411_163234_zps438c62b3.jpg

The Beast Blaser LRS2 300 Win Mag
    Zeiss Hensoldt Optronics 6-24x72 Mildot
    20140411_163555_zpsacfa61f7.jpg

Looking good :cool:

You managed to get the grs to work, nice one.

MCree looks the business too.

Very nice collection. Very nice indeed.

Especially like the Sauer. Makes me miss mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

Ruger 10/22: Timney Trigger, 18", 1:16 twist, 0.920 Shaw Bull Barrel, Boyd's Tacticool stock in Forest Camo Green, Burris Droptine 3-9x40 22lr Ballistic Plex scope, Burris XTR Rings 1" Low, 15moa Tactical Solutions Base, and Harris Bipod.
    timney_zps628a8493.jpg

Took it to the range today, hoping to do a range report. Wind gusts were pushing the car about, so no hope for a 22LR and a new barrel at 50ya.

Put 100 rounds through to break it in a bit. Hopefully, the weather will cooperate next time.

Although its fairly well pronounced I found the cheek piece on the air rifle stock too low and would have to rise my head to look thru the scope. So I made the short spin to Pat Sludds and asked him to make the cheek piece adjustable. I now have adjustment on both axes, up/down and left/right. As everybody knows Pat is a true gent and his work is top drawer.
    8A6FAB4E-94F8-4C55-9F6A-AE7BE166489B_zpsp8qqzkaw.jpg

C7539FA8-7CA9-4B8D-813B-1F6E3DDC23A2_zpsxnxqrztm.jpg

DFC297E0-B629-41AA-885C-1A33B393F1DE_zps6dl2yvqh.jpg

E7C0BE09-EF1C-4739-B9FB-462D3331E7EA_zpsyedqyd0u.jpg

That's a tidy job.

I see the two small holes in the cheek riser. Does he use the locking screws in the cheek riser as opposed to the stock? Meaning the riser bars in the stock are fixed? How does he make it slide to the side? Is there an adjustment on the other side?

Wonder would he consider a composite stock? Or does he prefer to work on timber only? Might have a stock shortly that i like this option on.

I won't attempt to speak for Pat, best give him a bell.

The locking screws are in the riser alright but I think that arrangement can be reversed. The base plate for the risers is slotted so the bars can be moved and then tightened in position

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭hedzball

Is that a hardy mod?

Can it be used on the 22lr/hmr?

Tidy looking!!

'hdz

Advertisement