Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos: Hardware

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭lefthooker

hedzball wrote: »
    Is that a hardy mod?

Can it be used on the 22lr/hmr?

Tidy looking!!

'hdz

Thanks.
    Its a Milbro Huggett silencer and is part of a full barrel shroud.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

lefthooker wrote: »
    Thanks.
    Its a Milbro Huggett silencer and is part of a full barrel shroud.

Nice setup. What model is the rifle? Looks tidy. What fpe are you getting?

Where did you get the Huggett? Found it hard to track one down and been using a hw100.

It's an Airwolf CDT.
    Energy is pellet dependent. Ran a few pellets thru a chrono at the weekend,
    21gr Bisley magnum @ 891fps = 37ft/lb
    18gr AA Diabolo @ 939fps = 35.25ft/lb
    15.9gr JSB diablo @ 971fps = 34ft/lb.

I bought it with the Huggett already attached from Paddy Carley. Think he bought it direct from the crowd themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

Have been craving a boyds stock for a while so finally bit the bullet and bought one and put it on my little cz today and put a new scope i recently got onto it too i have a bout 1mm to spare between the sunshade and the high part of the iron sights mount, i have a bout 5mm between the objective bell and the low part of the iron sights mount, first time i ever had a sunshade so i'll see how useful i find it but i reckon i'll sacrifice the sunshade for lower mounts

65AA1653-971A-47B3-A103-DB70EE52738B.jpg

157526AB-87ED-4302-AC85-3547ED5E659D.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Lotharmike

Looking at one of these for quite a while could not make up my mind between this & Swarovski.Went with the Zeiss for weight & usability with two oculars.Have to say very impressed the 15x-45x vario & 23x-30x okular are very impressive.Take them out for a field run when I get my hand back.

20140915_142651_zpsc5fe32fd.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Lotharmike wrote: »
    Looking at one of these for quite a while could not make up my mind between this & Swarovski.Went with the Zeiss for weight & usability with two oculars.Have to say very impressed the 15x-45x vario & 23x-30x okular are very impressive.Take them out for a field run when I get my hand back.

20140915_142651_zpsc5fe32fd.jpg

Looks the business.

Your mad :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

That looks the business. Seriously clear glass i'd imagine. You must do a report on it when you get a chance to test it out fully.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

I will Cass just got it this morning small bit handicapped at the moment right hand is damaged cannot do a thing until it gets some way right.Had it out there a while ago messing with it very impressive & light.The view is seriously impressive from what I can see.I will be hopefully heading out this weekend for a stalk all going well.

Another serious bit of kit mike.

Tell us, did you get your hand stuck in your printing press???:pac:

lefthooker wrote: »
    Another serious bit of kit mike.

Tell us, did you get your hand stuck in your printing press???:pac:

I wish.good one though lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭German pointer

Got a muzzel brake for the .270 and gave it a zero today.
    A lot of zeroing shots on the paper but the hole under and beside the 1 cent coin is final 3 shots group at 100 yards. exactly 1 1/4" high

Photos are upside down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

Got a muzzel brake for the .270 and gave it a zero today.
    A lot of zeroing shots on the paper but the hole under and beside the 1 cent coin is final 3 shots group at 100 yards. exactly 1 1/4" high

Photos are upside down

How do you find the muzzle brake? Was it worth getting for recoil and muzzle flip reduction or is it more comestic than anything?

How do you find the muzzle brake? Was it worth getting for recoil and muzzle flip reduction or is it more comestic than anything?

I shot a red spiker last year at 450 yards he fell on the spot but i did not see him fall due to muzzle flip, I shot one this morning in the same field at 300 yards I didn't see the bullet strike but I did see him fall as the flip was reduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭hedzball

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uvxo2agp99res2j/2015-01-16%2023.07.29.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6xv8ktrdnnm547b/2015-01-16%2022.55.57.jpg?dl=0

Finally got myself a 22lr again..

Sako quad chopped and sprayed cerakote matte black
    burris fast fire 3 red dot
    some cheapo safari scope I managed to sneak out from edj
    A rail i got from kinneys shooting suppleys
    Atec mod (sweet little thing)

My new 10/22 Target with a 10 shot group beside and under the 5 cent coin at 50 yards

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Ghost.

Nice setup. It looks like a winner. And here was me thinking that the ruger 10/22s were not accurate out of the box.

Ghost. wrote: »
    Nice setup. It looks like a winner. And here was me thinking that the ruger 10/22s were not accurate out of the box.

That's it straight out of the box but in fairness it is a Target model and close to double in price of the lowest end 10/22s

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Scrappy600

Don't think I've posted it before,Marlin 917vscf, rifle basix trigger, target crown, simalux gold edition scope. IMG_55765525055565_zps190f0a72.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭hexosan

My new 10/22 Target with a 10 shot group beside and under the 5 cent coin at 50 yards

Can I ask what scope and bi pod your using

hexosan wrote: »
    Can I ask what scope and bi pod your using

It came with a fixed 6-9 bipod but I changed that to a Harris 9-13 swivel one and the scope is a Sightron S-Tac 2.5 - 17.5 X 56 IR

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭hexosan

It came with a fixed 6-9 bipod but I changed that to a Harris 9-13 swivel one and the scope is a Sightron S-Tac 2.5 - 17.5 X 56 IR

What are the pros/cons to a swivel vs no swivel bipod ??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

hexosan wrote: »
    What are the pros/cons to a swivel vs no swivel bipod ??

The ability to eliminate cant is the big pro of a swivel bi-pod. Can't think of any cons, price of bi-pod maybe

As above for bench but in the field where I do most of my shooting the swivel is great as you can cant when on uneven ground

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭reniwren

Recently picked this up after tikahunter traded it in. BSA super 10, made some minor modifications like a quick fill and gauge, 4.5-14 swift premier mil dot scope, and a diy adjustable paracord sling. First group is 10 shots at 55 yards second is a20 shot group wind was widening the group as is was coming from left to right gusting a bit. The rest was my fault.

R8 Pro Success 300 Win Mag
    Hensoldt 6-24x72 & PM11 5-25X56
    20150321_181127_zpsb37c883c.jpg

20150321_181114_zps1f2854a8.jpg

20150321_181034_zps74107e47.jpg

Waiting on a Hauksen Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 41 international shooter

Lotharmike wrote: »
    R8 Pro Success 300 Win Mag
    Hensoldt 6-24x72 & PM11 5-25X56

Waiting on a Hauksen Mod

Nice gun. How are you getting on with the 300 win mag.? I want to get one, for shooting in South Africa, but a lot of lads are saying that they are seriously unpractical for this country so don't want to get one that's only really useful outside of here.? Any opinions.? Also did ya have much hassle getting a licence for it.?

Nice gun. How are you getting on with the 300 win mag.? I want to get one, for shooting in South Africa, but a lot of lads are saying that they are seriously unpractical for this country so don't want to get one that's only really useful outside of here.? Any opinions.? Also did ya have much hassle getting a licence for it.?

I really like the calibre I had and sold a LRS2 in 300WM only in december gone.I am used to it & any round anyone uses is down to personal choice.The killing power is very impressive with the 300 at any range.Get good optics and you are set.My two cents worth if you want a 300 WM get it.you are the only opinion that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭DMW22

My finished .223

Specs:

Remington Action
    PSE Composites E-Tac Stock
    Krieger 24" Barrel, 1:7.7 twist, Rem Varmit Contour
    Sightron S-Tac 2.5-17.5 x 50

0FB991E1-7653-41E0-B5DB-889BF9EA1908_zpsdc3g6gqu.jpg

F097EA78-0DCB-4CC8-9314-DA47A86DB5FE_zps6fbhfo4o.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Lovely set up lad. How do you find the Krieger for weight? Good fast twist on her. You running heavies (68 - 75 gr)? She'll probably do well with 90gr vld if you wanted to?

Next time you're heading to the range give me shout. Would like to get a look at it in the flesh. Well ware.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭DMW22

It's a bit heavier alright but the barrel is double the diameter of the original but I think it is a lovely weight. With no bipod the balance point is around an inch from the front of the action.

With the 1:7.7 it should run the 40gr right up to 80gr from the research I've done so I'll have to do some testing. For what I want it for I think it will be perfect.

I only picked it up off Enda today so hoping I will get to the range next weekend to break it in and get her zeroed up. All I want to do is bring it for a shot and it's killing me having to wait to do the break in.

Advertisement