Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos: Hardware

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

maglite wrote: »

may i throw a couple of words out there
    Crossbow, barrel?
    airsoft, serious injury?

The crossbow can stay in the Archery forum etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

and on the styer, 90 round drum full auto, and 5000 rounds in one sitting

Love to know where this comes from :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

Love to know where this comes from :rolleyes:

holliday on the states, only downsaide was i had to pay for the rounds and the gun rental, a small downside

So why do i need a firearm licence for a cross bow if its not a firearm

holliday on the states, only downsaide was i had to pay for the rounds and the gun rental, a small downside

So why do i need a firearm licence for a cross bow if its not a firearm

As far as I know steyr Aug comes with either 30 or 42 round magazine, never heard of a drum with 90 rounds.

You need a licence (same principle as a firearm) for a crossbow in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

As far as I know steyr Aug comes with either 30 or 42 round magazine, never heard of a drum with 90 rounds.

There's a twin drum beta c mag available for the aug.looks bloody awkward though with the bulllpup design.I believe the rangers have a small amount of them. Ever see them in normal service?

Remmy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

Remmy wrote: »
    There's a twin drum beta c mag available for the aug.looks bloody awkward though with the bulllpup design.I believe the rangers have a small amount of them. Ever see them in normal service?

Remmy

never seen the in normal service and doubt they ever will be same as the 42 round mag but have seen the drum mags in the hands of the wing.

ARW and Drum Mags:

docdiver.jpg

selectionpat.jpg

That's not Irish army DPM ?

correct me if im wrong but i think the rangers can wear british DPM's if they want.Not too sure why.

just the pics i was thinking of steyr.nice one!

dimebag249 wrote: »
    Here's my only gun, Remington 870 Express 12 gauge with Chaote 10 round magazine extension.
    87376530pa2.jpg

Nice gun dimebag, was there dimples the end of the magazine tube that you had to dremil out before you could fit that extender?How does it affect the overall balance of the gun fully loaded?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭José Alaninho

Here's to me getting one of those in the new year!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭dimebag249

Hi Remmy, yes all recently made Express models have the two dimples, I think any made after 1990 or thereabouts. Just used a small drill bit to drill them through, then spent a few hours with a file to tidy it up. No big deal to get rid of them, basically.

It makes the gun quite heavy, and I suppose a bit slower to point when fully loaded, but it reduces recoil almost completely. 50g heavy magnum loads or one ounce slugs kick like clay pigeon loads from some shotguns I've fired.

Cool Jose, I predict fun times, excessive ammunition bills, and a very happy new year for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭José Alaninho

dimebag249 wrote: »
    Cool Jose, I predict fun times, excessive ammunition bills, and a very happy new year for you.

Already have the deposit down! Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 enda50

this is my first gun a lincon over and under 12 gage

the second picture is of me shooting a sationary object because i was unsure of the kick that the shotgun gave (i heard alot about it):rolleyes:
    and of course only having fired the styer (which only hops a bit) and the bren (which bounces forward) i was a very wary! :eek:
    even so i had a very big bruse on my arm after that day! :D

also a big little thanks to every one who posts on this site as it is how i found out every thing i needed to know about getting a licence and stuff :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Welcome to Boards, nice gun you got, hope you have mant happy and SAFE years with it.

That's not Irish army DPM ?

Correct but it is our guys, they wear pretty much whatever they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭dos29

been involved in shooting comps for some time with pdf so about time i got my own shooter! :D i think its a beuty so i thought id put up a couple of pics. judging by others experiences on here i was VERY lucky to get this at all, never mind as a 1st rifle from the gairdai perspective.
    not the 1st on here of this model but anyway.

its a remington 700 vlss t/h .223
    burris fullfield II 4.5-14 x 42 with butler creeks.
    scope has been retro fitted with tac 2 low profile adjustment knobs.
    harris 9-13 bipod
    P1010110.jpg
    P1010108.jpg
    P1010114.jpg
    P1010108.jpg
    P1010109.jpg

well wear, lovely bit of kit ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Wow:eek:
    love the grain on the stock, beautiful gun

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

That is a beauty of a rifle, enjoy it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

beautiful gun dos:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

Wow:eek:
    love the grain on the stock, beautiful gun

Eh, it's laminated.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Slug chucker

Hi Dos,
    Lovely rifle, is she just for comps or does it have a date with the lathe :D
    Just out of curiosity what weight is it currently, it looks heavy.
    Cheers,
    Slug Chucker.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭dos29

nice to see people think its as nice as i do. thanks for all the props!!!:D
    haven't weighed it but i think its just over 9 lbs as standard so i spose close to 11 lbs with the scope an bipod? on the comp side of things, theres no way in hell the army would let us use military ranges for civvie weapons so as far as comps are concerned, if i can find a civvie range that runs them i'll be joining that. midlands is the only 1 i know of that would cater for this calibre and thats about a 500km round trip for me to travel to!!!:eek: (im in west cork) so thats out.
    id love to get into f class t/r. for now im "zeroing" on my uncles land. lucky to have up to 500m there with a mountain as a backstop. once im happy with consistant groups up to bout 300m i'll be starting foxing, and long range bunny's.
    by a date with a lathe do ya mean for a moderator? (i assume thats how the barrel gets threaded?) if so than hopefully down the line a bit. dont think my super is too fond of them though. my brother got turned down for 1 on his 22lr. maybe i'll have more luck if i make him aware of the fact that a mod will only reduce my .223 and not silence it, an i dont want to be worrying my uncles sheep......

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Slug chucker

The moderators don't silence anything really, the all make some degree of noise. The .223 sounds a bit like a .22LR firing high velocity ish, maybe a little bit quieter. 11 lbs!! you'll feel that on your shoulder after a while on the land. I can't talk though, mine weights in at 16.5 lbs. It's a pussy cat to shoot as she is so heavy but every little hill is like Everest at the end of the hunt :)

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Sandy22

Old Browning ATD

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Sandy22

Browning .22 Pump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭quackquackBOOM

Sandy22 wrote: »
    Browning .22 Pump

is that a .22 caliber rifle ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭N.O.I.P.

Certainly looks like it, shot one before great fun but a pain to load.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭quackquackBOOM

id say the magazine tube on the bottom would be prone to damage like dints and so on looks fairly light

Advertisement