Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wc3 Battle.net Season 4 Europe finals

Options
  • 26-11-2006 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭

These are happening this weekend. The first round of matches were today, some pretty amazing wc3 games being played. Tomorrow is the final round with the top 8 players so far.

Prize money is 10,000$ for top spot I believe. Also top 4 get to go to LAN finals with the top finalists from asia and the US. Not sure when that is.

Anyways, games can be watched live on ...
    http://www.waaaghtv.de/en/games but u need to have wc3 and TFT installed on ur pc. U just click "view" on the game u want to watch and then start up Wc3 TFT and the game will be availible in your LAN games.

Video coverage is availible via GiGA2 but that's a PAID german satellite channel, which can be streamed via the internet.

Matches start at 10 CET tomorrow morning, should be some fun.

One of the wierd things I noticed today was how 4-5 of the top european players who are still in the competetion are actually from Bulgaria... no Irish players made it though, kinda sad :( I blame eircon for slowing down broadband growth over here :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

All you need is 1 emmigrated Korean pro though and the whole euopean community are shown how RTS's are played :)

Wouldnt mind watching some WC3 games though, but I dont have it installed atm, still have Starcraft installed though, but its more important :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

actually europeans hold their own when it comes to wc3 with the koreans.

Players like, Grubby, Tod etc can compete with the best of them. Probably the best player in the world atm is chinese though. Sky has won the last two WCGs

Advertisement