Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCDSU going once, going twice...

Options
  • 26-11-2006 2:02am
    Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok folks,

I've caught a number of people out in the affiliation thread who aren't being honest. I would advise those of you who are lying to come clean quick smart or else you will be site banned and SU discussion will be banned from this forum outright.

I said at the outset that I wasn't messing on this, and I assure you that it will just take the slightest little upset to tip the scale in favour of an outright ban on SU discussion.

Have a bit of cop on people, I'm not an idiot.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Hmm.. I hope nobody else does it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

I get a certain ominous feeling from this, as I know some people just never learn nor care if they mess it up for everyone else.

As a matter of interest, if affiliated, does one have to identify precisely how they are affiliated or just the fact that they are?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

If it happens again I'll be seriously annoyed.

Most people who are involved in the SU are good enough to point out that they are etc and have no problem doing so. For a small minority to screw it up for everyone else is just completely annoying.

I'm with hulla, people should have a bit of cop on, doesn't mean to say I think people will have any.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

For a small minority to screw it up for everyone else is just completely annoying.

Exactly. I don't think any of the regular ''hacks'' are trying to screw anything up, its probably just one person taking the piss. They aren't succeeding because it plain obvious which account is a troll or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Not trying to be vain or anything, but I think the fact that regular posters here are running for sabbat this year (I count 3 so far), might attract a few more nobs than normal.

Im glad that hulla is being vigilent, but as I learned today, its easy to be over suspecious too.

Anyway, there are more ways to be affiliated than being a class rep. Id hardly say my gf if she was to register here would be unaffiliated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Good point Redeye but at the same time I'm not sure if that is really a good idea either.

I mean I have no problems with declaring my SU affiliations but at the same time I don't see why my own private circumstances should be published on a board i.e. I'm going out with such and such etc therefore I have an interest. There's a question of privacy in that one. Personally I wouldn't feel comfortable with it.

Although I take your point that it does leave a gap there. Some further thought on that one may be required?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I'm quite sure hulla isn't expecting people to state social affiliations but I think it's good that he's keeping a close eye on people trying to be sneaky, this forum could really do without those people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Miss GAAfia

Be gone you dishonest fiend!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Not trying to be vain or anything, but I think the fact that regular posters here are running for sabbat this year (I count 3 so far), might attract a few more nobs than normal.
    LOL. I never noticed this.

Advertisement