Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Eve - First Steps

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

meh my attributes are 25 intel 8 charisma 20 perception 19 willpower and 22 memory with +3's and learning lvl 4 i take longer to do the ship skill's but less time to do other's i think its a decent balance but if i was to start out again i wouldn’t be so intel heavy 1-2 points extra point's in perception/willpower :) but tbh it doesn’t bother me hugely unless im in a jump clone then my gimped willpower and perception hit's pretty hard but i dont spend a huge amount of time in a jump clone anyway.........But what ever after 1 year im attached to my avatar and wouldn’t sell / delete / replace him no matter what and i still train at over 1.2 million sp's a month doing ship / weapon skills so im happy at the end of the day there will always be someone richer faster training or better at pvp than you.

/me plans to train learning lvl 5 and to use +4 implants

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

im saying i did the same as you, high perception is only good for a few things, memory is probably the most important as its the primary or secondary on a LOT of skills. however if i make a character tonight i would go for a balance try and get all the stats as even as possible. while i may not train as fast in some areas at least everything will train at the same speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Zillah wrote:
    Character's name is Xiao Xi (those Japanese looking fellows. A girl actually, the male model looked fat and silly :)). I went with Gallente

Hmm, a Japanese looking girl with a Chinese name and in a French faction.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Hobbes wrote:

Diversity gone mad i tell's ya

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Hobbes wrote:

[spooky voice] Its the future... [/spooky voice]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Just watch out for all those ASCN nubs and their CYVOK fanboi party that cling to the underside of their nut sack for protection. BoB ftw! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Think i'll show my face in here so R0ot and the others finally know my boards name.

Playing as Sanae Denasis , female Caldari noob, currently mining her way to victory :p

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

nerf, double post :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

what system do you mine in (strokes scrambler and blasters)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Zillah wrote:
    ...Character's name is Xiao Xi (those Japanese looking fellows. A girl actually, the male model looked fat and silly :)). I went with Gallente, a compromise between stats and ship appearance. I like the hybrid weapons.....
    DO NOT go mining in Jita/Cist/Rens/Amarr with a name like that ... hehe, lots of people are very paranoid about chinese macro miners, they like to suicide gank them (me too back in the day, but MrMacroMeetMrSuicide is now an empire shopping alt :D)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Renesco

bizmark wrote:
    I have lvl 5 guess work trained ;p

Plus iv seen stabbers cyclones and the likes been flown by gneeznow so i know what they are about

caldari ftw all the same

your too kind bizmark ;)

minmatar ftw, i dont think I'll fly anything else, half their ships armour tank the other half shield tank, and they have a great mix of turrets, missiles and drones.

Extremely versatile and very fast, the only trouble is you have to train a load of gunnery, missile, drones, armour tanking, shield tanking and navigation skills to get the best out of them.

Stabber = greatest guerilla ship in eve imho (get in, ratatatata, boom, grab phat lewt, get out) - a mixed squad of stabbers and thorax's can do nasty things as hit and run ships :cool:

*edit* my love of stabbers has nothing to do with me being from limerick *disclaimer*

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Still looking for noobs then?

Hope so as only 9% left to download !

Ponster wrote:
    Still looking for noobs then?

Hope so as only 9% left to download !

YAY! Someone else sick of bf2 :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

haha...would you believe that I haven't played more than 60 minutes in the past month and am currently downloading the 1.41 patch just for the laugh.

So...I *think* I understand what Eve is all about. What I don't know though is tha amount of human-human interaction the game demands. Can you play it without ever having to communicate with others?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Depends on what you define as "communication". If you count actual talking with other people, then yes you could go through Eve without talking to people. However if communication extends to interaction such as buying or getting shot then no. Even if you stay quiet and way out on your own not looking for anyone, they will still come looking for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Also what he might mean is that there comes a point where if you expect to grow you need to join a corp. There is only so much you can do solo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Indeed there are so many varitaions and options open to the player that corp advice is nessesary.

Human interaction is not strictly required, but like most great works being the venture of the masses, little fun can be had on your own.

Example, I remember my first mining trip in low sec. We had a five man team, a hauler, a BC with weapons, three barges. I did f all but got over 50 mil for an hours "mining". That would take days on your own.

R0ot wrote:
    YAY! Someone else sick of bf2 :D

Soon we shall gather an army. They will have the cut-throat razor reactions of BF players, the jaded ability to resist scams of one who has been teamkilled too often, but a sure understanding of the benefits of cooperation after flying an AHZ.

Yes...an army.

Zillah wrote:
    but a sure understanding of the benefits of cooperation after flying an AHZ.

You could never fly an AHZ :D

R0ot wrote:
    You could never fly an AHZ :D

You cheeky bugger! I'm a fantastic AHZ pilot!

• Advertisement

Zillah wrote:
    You cheeky bugger! I'm a fantastic AHZ pilot!

I wonder are the BF2 records still intact... :D

Advertisement