Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ronaldinho at it again!

• 26-11-2006 10:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭

Doing what he does best last night, scoring twice in a 4-0 rout including this

Goal of the Season

Top scorer in La Liga this season with 10 goals now.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Brilliant goal and 10 for the season so far is excellent too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭c m

unbelievable! who wrote him off a few months ago?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Big game in Spain at 6pm this evening following the Premiership's big clash in which I'm expecting more controversy than footballing entertainment.

The two clubs have developed a serious rivalry this decade which started with the 2000 CL Final.

A lot will be revealed tonight at the Mestalla as to whether or not Real Madrid can overhaul Barcelona this season...

I keep saying they will but Barca keep on winning - despite their injury crisis.

This is definitely Madrid's toughest test so far this season and they've only beaten Valencia once in the last 3 seasons

(when Michael Owen scored the winner). Preview

Hard to predict, but I have a feeling Madrid will nick it... 2-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

kinaldo wrote:

****ing brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Iniestas goal wasnt half bad either.

Real going with 4 up front Reyes Robinho Rvn and Raul ,Emerson and Diarra in CM.

Wont see it but looks like it couldbe a good game, Villa is out and a youth team player is in CM with Baraja.

Sevilla on after it.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

Iniesta had an excellent second half, got the assist for Gudjohnson as well as the goal. He has really come on in the last year, doesn't seem as deathly pale as he used to either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

some goal!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

One of the best goals i've seen in years, maybe one of the best ever. Not just your average bicycle kick, but a pure exhibition of a technical genius. How the **** did he switch his body around like that and strike that so perfectly? :D

What a footballer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Not quite the Rivaldo Bicycle kick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

zabbo wrote:
    Not quite the Rivaldo Bicycle kick.

What is it about Brazilians playing for Barca! :)

I'd give Rivaldo 9.99/10 and Ronaldinho 9.97/10.... all these years later i still scratch my head as to how anyone can score a bicycle kick from the 18 yard box!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Rivaldo score one vs Utd too in 99?

kdjac

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

kinaldo wrote:

Class goal. Should've got booked for taking off his jeresey!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Ahhhhh Rivaldo. He just nicks it for me in the "who's the best brazilian" debate. Was without doubt the brain of that great Brazil team in '02.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,327 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Fantastic stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I watched the match in the pub last night and Ronaldinho was fantastic. Definitely an all time great, without doubt top 10 at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

absolutely unbelievable goal. Haven't seen one like it for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Pure genius, great goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Not just your average bicycle kick, but a pure exhibition of a technical genius :D

What a footballer

off the top of my head i can think of 5 better ones

trevor sinclair has 2 of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Great goal by Ronnie! Great technique with the chest and turn and kick with standing foot :eek:
    Helix wrote:
    trevor sinclair has 2 of them
    One of them for QPR outside of the box, right? - Amazing goal!

Edit: Found it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

his other was better, it was for west ham, think its against spurs

theres a ball above chest height drilled across teh box, hes running backwards, jumps baclwards away from the ball, but completely twists almost horizontal to volley the ball past the keeper

serious stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Some ball in by Xavi.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Xavi6 wrote:
    Some ball in by Xavi.....

Nobody else will remember it though, shame. :)

KdjaCL wrote:
    Real going with 4 up front Reyes Robinho Rvn and Raul ,Emerson and Diarra in CM.

Wont see it but looks like it couldbe a good game, Villa is out and a youth team player is in CM with Baraja.

Sevilla on after it.

kdjac
    Madrid stole the points with a classic 96/97 Capello style Raul goal, setup by Roberto Carlos.

Decent game but not enough goals.

Brief highlights here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

jesus if that was number 8 in th elist it must be some set of goals!!!

This overhead from Marco Van Basten for Milan in the European Cup is my second all time favourite behind Rivaldo's one against Valencia. Rivaldo wins for pure drama - the last game of the season drawing 2-2 with Valencia, effectively a playoff to see who goes into the CL, he completes a stunning hatrick in almost the last kick to deny Valencia and save Barca's season. Nobody could have written the script any better.

kinaldo wrote:
    This overhead from Marco Van Basten for Milan in the European Cup is my second all time favourite behind Rivaldo's one against Valencia.

Completely agree. I remember seeing that Van Basten goal live, and then I didn't see it again for about 12 years. What a genius.

My first footballing hero.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARrjLveFe_A

Oh yeah, and the bicycle kick is not a difficult skill to master. Any auld waster can pull it off... :p

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Oh yeah, and the bicycle kick is not a difficult skill to master. Any auld waster can pull it off... :p
    Aye, they're not as difficult as they look tbh. I've attempted 4 bicycle kicks myself in the past month and although I've yet to actually score one, and almost broke my back the first time (feckin astroturf!), I was suprised that I kept getting them on target from good distance with enough power to force great saves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I remember seeing the Djorkaeff one live on Gazetta Football Italia. What an effort. Not as good as Tricky Trev's though.

Big fan of this Eidur Gudjohnsen one too....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qobwgnWxYng

Xavi6 wrote:
    Big fan of this Eidur Gudjohnsen one too....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qobwgnWxYng

Now THATS an assist! :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

What is it about Brazilians playing for Barca! :)

I'd give Rivaldo 9.99/10 and Ronaldinho 9.97/10.... all these years later i still scratch my head as to how anyone can score a bicycle kick from the 18 yard box!

Not remember Trevor Sinclair's goal for QPR about ten years ago so?
    Back when he had hair, was 20+ years out, lobbed the keeper with a bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0GyYaI6DoU
    not bad from Totti at the weekend:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

gustavo wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0GyYaI6DoU
    not bad from Totti at the weekend:D
    Yeah, there aren't many players who could hit a shot like that with their bad foot. He actually puts swerve on it.

Advertisement