Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dublin City Council's head Motor Tax Office has re-located to a new premises.

Options
  • 26-11-2006 3:28pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 371 ✭✭

The head office of Dublin City Council's Motor Tax Office has re-located from River House to a new premises, the new address is as follows:

Motor Taxation Office, Block B, Black Hall Walk,Queen Street, Dublin 7.

Blackhall Walk is a new pedestrian street linking Queen Street to Smithfield Square. The new street meets Queen Street opposite Black hall Place. The entrance to the new Motor Tax Office is from Blackhall Walk.

The opening hours are 9.30 am to 3.30 pm.The phone number for Motor Tax (222 8000) remains unchanged and this phone line will also be open over this period.

Motor Tax can be renewed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week over the internet. Log on to www.motortax.ie for details.

http://www.dublincity.ie/living_in_the_city/getting_around/motor_tax/motor_tax_head_office_open_for_business.asp

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Traffic wrote:
    The opening hours are 9.30 am to 3.30 pm.
    Surely in this day and age the civil service should maintain sensible opening hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

kbannon wrote:
    Surely in this day and age the civil service should maintain sensible opening hours!

Its designed so that people working, can't get to it. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Welcome to the civil service.
    I know a chap who used to work for the HSE. You start "any time before ten" and you finish at 4:30.
    How they can get away with it I'll never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

They have a bad manager same as anywhere else with the same problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Sleipnir wrote:
    Welcome to the civil service.
    I know a chap who used to work for the HSE. You start "any time before ten" and you finish at 4:30.
    How they can get away with it I'll never know.

Motor Tax staff are not civil servants - they are public servants, the same as gardai. Same goes for HSE staff.

BTW, that chap in the HSE was more than likely talking about flexi-time, where you have flexibility in starting / finishing times, but still have to work the correct number of hours overall.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

kbannon wrote:

Don't get me started! I got the log book for the car I bought a few weeks ago in the post on Friday and wanted to tax the car straight away as it's already been three weeks driving around with the rf*** in the tax disc holder. I got onto the tax office to see if they could give me a PIN to tax it online. No. I work until 4pm, they work until 3.30pm so I have to take time off work to pay them a fortune for the privilege of driving a car that has already been taxed to death when new, and sitting in traffic wasting petrol that is also mostly tax.

Makes my blood boil!

Advertisement