Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Santa To Visit?

Options
  • 26-11-2006 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good Santa to visit , preferrebly based on their own experiences last year ?

Was looking to take my 2 year old to one and was trying to figure out one that would be interesting to her and value for money.

Any ones opinions welcome ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

Hi there,

myself and family were in Dundrum shopping centre last weekend and the setup was the best I have seen in a good few years. They have really made the effort. my 4 year old is terrified but the whole experience was much better they have animatronics etc. It brought me back to when I was a kid being brought to switzers. AFAIR it was €10 for the visit including present and photo.

HTH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 vinotinto

If you live on the northside of Dublin DO NOT visit Santa in the Pavillions in Swords. Your 18 Euro would be better spent elsewhere. We all know Lapland is cold but I wasn't expecting Santa and his (cheeseburger eating) elves to be the same! Not once was my child looked at or spoken to. No "what's your name" no "what do you want from Santa" etc not so much as a hello if you can believe it. As i said, freezin' cold! Gift doesn't work either!

Take the advice offered and go to Dundrum!

This is my first time ever on a blog/chat/board - that's how bad this Santa experience was!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mammy to 2

went to Stephen's Green last year it was brilliant not a big production you just queue and go to Santa but the man himself was great he had the big belly, real beard and most important of all a jolly personality that the children warmed to straight away, I came out with a lump in my throat he was so believable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭the glass woman

Did anyone go to the one in the blanch shopping centre?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭MyBaby

We brought our 3yr old son to Lapland in Glendeer farm on Sunday last and it was brill.

Cost 15 euro for child and 7euro for each adult. They give you a bag of food for the animals and there is a walk way with sheep, donkeys, ducks etc etc then you go into the barn where santas house is and more animals. Santa was really good, spent time talking to him, wasnt a big rush job like some. His elves speak to the kids. and get a fairly good present. They then have a display of santas workshop and play area.

Well worth the money. We made a night out of it and booked into a hotel for the night. We stayed in Athlone Springs hotel. 109euro for a family room (double and single bed)

Hotel is bout 5mins drive from town and less than 2 mins from farm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

aliwee caves ....

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I took the kids to Fort Lucan this year for the first time and the kids really enjoyed it. It is a little more than your standard visit but the whole expericence was great the kids meet Mrs Claus and the elves before going around santas work shop and then meeting santa. The santa was brilliant and the evles were really involved with the children. i would recommend it and will be taking them there next year.... The whole thing was about an hour and for your money the children get hot chocolate and a present.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

The grotto in Liffey Valley was quite good when we visited a few days ago. Our 1 3/4 year old was terrified (like last year) but Santa and the elves were very patient and ended up with a nice photo and more plastic shapes to cripple myself on ;)

€10 for photo and present, and no queues when we went (midweek, after lunch).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Dundrum is always VG

But my mum takes them down to Laragh - theres a house lit up with a Santa in it & she says hes the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 doodlebugs

aliwee caves ....
    santas cottage milltown:):)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭littlebitdull

We did the DSPCA visit again this year. We spent three hours having a great afternoon out. The kids got to have storytime with Mrs. C. - then Santa came to see them - they got lovely little cuddly toys (cats or dogs!) and their photo taken.

We wanted around the shelter - you can pet Horses, Donkeys, Pigs, cows and of course plenty of cats and dogs to meet.

BBQ going with hot dogs or burgers (5euro each with bag of crisps). Had a coffee/tea/fruit juice & biscuits included in the price.

Great afternoon out. No queueing involved - you have a time slot for meeting Santa. And money so well spent.

Advertisement