Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can this be explained

Options
  • 26-11-2006 4:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭

Lately I have been having alot of disturbing nightmares but the other night i had a dream a bout this person that i havnt seen in about years and he asked me alot of questions. the day after this dream i saw the same person and it was a reapeat of what happened in the dream. How does this make sense. It was not de ja vu as when i woke up i spent time thinking of the dream and what happened in it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I get stuff like this all the time, but I just chalk it up to deja vu rather then dreamt about it. There are many situations in life that repeat themselves that we forget about but the brain doesn't.

Unless you document the dream after waking its not possible to trust your brain when it comes to dreams. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

I'm not a fan of the paranormal, but people who believe in it would probably offer you an explanation. I would probably think of your experience as a peculiar coincidence, along with some unconscious reinterpretation of events. But who knows?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭CherieAmour

Both myself and other people in my family have had dreams like this.
    I'm not quite sure how it happens, but there is always some quirky bit I don't quite get until the reasons for my dreaming it become clear. I have often had the same dreams as people I love on the same night and we can both describe them perfectly.
    I had a very vivid dream/nightmare last night and it hasn't left me all day.
    I'm hoping it means nothing but I won't know yet.

I do believe in the paranormal and in things that dreams can show you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

I believe the brain has some very unexplainable things going on. For some it is more developed than others.

Be happy that your premonotory dream was about something as simple as an upcoming conversation. Mine warn me of tragedies and I do not enjoy them!

Keep a journal and keep track of how often and in how different the circumstances are. It could be a very interesting journey!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

well i for one have had dreams like this is in the past and the odd time will now.

they say the average human being uses about 10% of their brain(apparently), maybe this is 1% of the other 90% thats left unused being shown as we evolve? who knows.. we know that telepathy/telekenisis/etc are all capable so why cant seeing into the future be?

• Advertisement
Advertisement