Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open Days

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

You said it was one of the best, "accross the board". Clearly you've realised that thats not the case, as it depends on the person. I praise your ability to grasp the obvious.

Good day to you Sir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭analyse this

Guys please grow up! You have taken a simple topic on open days and managed to turn it into a cyber-brawl! Why do people seem to feel that they are obliged to debate every miniscule detail? is it a testosterone thing?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

engineering companys head hunt students while in college/ucd/trinity/dit, havent really heard of them hitting elsewhere, its like business, even if the degree is better they still give preference to trinity over other colleges...fact

(unlessyour in trinity/ucd/dit or third level edu studying business i really can't see a valid point being made by you)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Aero787

Hmm.....so students are only head-hunted students at UCD/Trinity/DIT? :rolleyes:

With regards preference given to Trinity (note that I'm not criticising TCD), I'm sure that there are many people would care to disagree. Of course, there are some snobs out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Aero787 wrote:
    Hmm.....so students are only head-hunted students at UCD/Trinity/DIT? :rolleyes:

With regards preference given to Trinity (note that I'm not criticising TCD), I'm sure that there are many people would care to disagree. Of course, there are some snobs out there.

Sometimes when people don't get the job they want, they like to pretend it's because preference is given to one college over another. Generally it's not true.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Pure Cork

LiouVille wrote:
    Sometimes when people don't get the job they want, they like to pretend it's because preference is given to once college of another. Generally it's not true.

Haha, something we agree on! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I thought the open day went really well....actually I think I'd love to do a sociology course there if I got the points.

Advertisement