Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom and the 3G license

Options
  • 26-11-2006 6:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭

I read yesterday that eircom has indicated that they expect to get the last 3G license without any competition.

Given the allegations that eircom pressured Comreg to take the license back from Smart unless every i was dotted and every t was crossed, it struck me that, if eircom is to get the license without a new competition/tendering process, it should be under the terms of the original competition/tendering process. So if the original offer document specified target dates for rollout, that eircom would have to meet those original dates, despite starting a year late, and not be allowed to vary those dates.

Does anyone know what the terms of the original competition were? If Comreg were to award the license to eircom without a new competition, but vary the terms in eircoms favour, would other potential bidders have grounds to challenge the decision?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

on a side note i wonder if Denis O Brian will bid on it again? would introduce more competion to the market with the re-entry of digicell

Advertisement