Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell E521 and internal card reader.

Options
  • 26-11-2006 8:06pm
    Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all, I recently bought a internal card reader thats slots into the floopy drive bay. It connects directly into the motherboard usind a small 9 pin connector. The problem I am having though, is at start up of PC. The PC hangs at the startup screen and sometimes I find I have to turn off and on a couple of times, before I can actually get it to boot up. Today I disconnected the card reader and ever since it has been starting up first time. I have just now connected it back up and when I restarted PC, it began happening again.

Any body come across this sort of problem before, if so any ideas as how I may be able to over come it.

Thanks all.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

When you connect the card reader into the PC's motherboard have you checked the bios and made sure that removable devices is not first in the boot order ?

Set it to the hard drive just in case it is trying to boot from the card reader as it creates drives for each of those slots.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Yes I have checked that and my Hard Drive is the first option followed by cdrom, floppy was next, but there was no floppy drive with the pc. I have disabled this option altogether, but the problem still presists.

Thanks for your reply all the same

Advertisement