Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CB scanner

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Hopefully they've gone onto a frequency I haven't programmed into my scanner. It's been a couple of months since I can remember hearing them. Used to hear them over the North or South main channels.:confused:
    Worringly I did hear a controller mention something about Tetra:eek: and Alpha Sierra and if the mobile unit could hear them.:confused::confused:

Any confirmed freqs would come in handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Still dont seem to be picking much up, although last night was intresting apparently someone was shot in stillorgan from what i heard, the frequency was up aroubd 440. Dunno who it was though, was crazy panic and stuff but went blank then!

The frequency im picking the garda up on is 455.800, nothing else gets any garda stuff for me.

Does anyone know what tallaght garda use as there word (is it Golf or Delta??), the frequencies im programming in for tallaght that i got of the net dont seem to be working. Anyone got a frequency that definety works?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

I get Tallaght(Mike Alpha) on 455.8300. Southern channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

The frequency im picking the garda up on is 455.800, nothing else gets any garda stuff for me
    AFAIK that is the DMA Southern Control Channel.
    Does anyone know what tallaght garda use as there word
    Tallaght and Rathfarnham are in the Mike Division (164.3375). Tallaght's callsign is Mike Alpha and Rathfarnham's is Mike Bravo.

The Garda frequencies that I listen to most are the DMA Traffic Channel on 455.1250, the DMA Northern Control on 455.7750 and my local division channel.

I let the scanner work away in the background while I'm doing other things It's much easier than sitting in front of it waiting for transmissions.

Some channels are very strong and easy to pick up. Just to see if your scanner is working properly try Dublin Fire Brigade on 84.5250 or Dublin Bus on 426.0500, 426.3500, 426.6250, 426.6500, 426.9500, 427.5500, 427.8250, 427.9500.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Forgive me.. what's all this mike seria alpha brava stuff? It's how you know which guards are being called? Rather than saying "Tallaght Alpha" they'll say "Mike Alpha" ?

And you make it sound like transmissions are very hit and miss? Is there not a lot of radio traffic with the guards?

Im picking up tallaght garda on that frequency wishbone ash, thanks. Im also picking them up at Dublin South Control. same as Wishbone, i have it on as i play football manager or when im reading, wouldnt just sit there listening.

Last night was fun. loads going down. Some fella was transmitting on a garda frequency, doing impressions of bertie and the garda. They werent to impressed and it think temporarily changed channels, but t was dam funny.

Is there a decdicated Irish forum for discussing this stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Is there a decdicated Irish forum for discussing this stuff?
    http://frequencydb.com/index.php
    http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/scannerz/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭tech

does anyone have any new frequencies for the Cork Area??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

Does anyone know any frequencies for the north dublin gardai or any interesting just bought a GRE-PSR255 i havent a breeze how to use it any info would be greetly appreciated cheers lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭sensormatic

most of these services have moved to a system called tetra and scanners are dying a death because they cannot reveive the signals
    best bet is to sell your scanner and use the online free scanners instead

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Or put up a discone aerial and scan other stuff. There is a HUGE lot more to Radio that evesdropping on Garda.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=922
    http://www.techtir.ie/articles/amateur-radio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Skinback

Want to get my dad one for xmas, lookin to spend about 80 euro or so, wil that get me a decent one?

Any recommendations or links?

Probably the best starter scanner is the Yupiteru MVT 7100 one of which I sold recently for 150 euro in immaculate condition.....new they cost approx 400.

You'll get nothing worthwhile for 80.

Skinback wrote: »
    Probably the best starter scanner is the Yupiteru MVT 7100 one of which I sold recently for 150 euro in immaculate condition.....new they cost approx 400.

You'll get nothing worthwhile for 80.

I bought a Uniden from ebay for 90 a couple of years ago. Did the job.

Glad i didnt spend more than 90 tbh.

Advertisement