Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pick up Pubs in Dublin

Options
  • 26-11-2006 8:46pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I am going to have a friend coming to visit soon. Recently split up with his wife & he has asked me where the 'Grab a Granny' spots are in Dublin (he's mid 40's). I do not have a clue. I said I would ask, but too embaressing to ask at work. So I am asking here. Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Sachs in donnybrook is notorious as a grab a granny spot (if it has re-opened)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,554 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

yeah sachs is regarded as the place to go to grab a granny. You could also try Break for the Border (just off Stephens Green), not exactly grab a granny but they get a load of Hen parties in, so there's usually a good sselection of "grannies"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Does he want them 'posh as fook, or common as mook'?

It's an important factor in deciding which pubs to recommend!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Club M in Temple Bar is like Jurassic Park on a Wednesday or Thursday night. (Can't quite remember which, have blocked that night from my memory)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Amazing- the old folk think, mainly thanks to reading the Sunday World, that our weekends consist of blowing 700 on coke, 500 on booze and riding a minimum of 5 birds.

We younguns have the impression that the old women pubs are places where oul yokes go in the hope of raping any male under the age of 36 who goes in. Presumably because most women who drunkenly shout "i wanna ride you" comments are either

a- Skangers who you wouldnt touch without 3 bottles of whiskey and 3 rubbers (for "added protection")

b- Past it oul ones

c- Nice, but fifteen :eek:

Dunno if its commonplace there but a crowd of grannys tried to abuse me during a work do at Maguires. As said the hen nights are the best bet (seeing as most people getting married are young women Ive no idea where all the coffin dodgers get their invite to these things)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

wrights in swords on a tuesday night.

full of "whitneys tryna be britneys"

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭phil

regi has informed me on numerous occasions that Joys is the place to go pick up cotton buds.

Phil.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

I'm merely a conduit for such information, not the source.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Barrys Hotel if you are looking for the "common as mook" option,thats what I am told anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭phil

You have first hand experience of being in Joys being chatted up by wrinklies...

Phil.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Dub13 wrote:
    Barrys Hotel if you are looking for the "common as mook" option,thats what I am told anyway.

Definitely. I lived just up from there for a few months....many scary, scary nights spent passing that place walking home...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

I'm told that O'Shea's, down on the south Quays, near Christchurch is a right dirty aul' pickup joint.

Bit rough apparantly though, and this coming from Mrs Sandpaper herself, so tread carefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭holton

Plenty of wrinklies and hard luck stories in Bo Jangles in Harcourt St. And it goes on 'til 3:30.

Have heard that the Arlington Hotel is such a spot.

(on the quays - between the Ha'penny Bridge and O'Connell Bridge on the northside)

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭mambo

Is the River Club, at Merchants Arch/Ha'penny Bridge still on the go?

It used to be full of 30/40-something guys and only slightly younger women.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Pighead wrote:
    Club M in Temple Bar is like Jurassic Park on a Wednesday or Thursday night. (Can't quite remember which, have blocked that night from my memory)

lol many a good night there, and i'm 21

Advertisement