Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EX-Phantom Deejays

Options
  • 26-11-2006 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭

A lot of people have gone through the shed/studios of Phantom FM.

I suppose the more obvious ones are: Alison Curtis (Today FM) - presenter of The Last Splash and producer of Ian Dempsey's Breakfast Show, Dan Hegarty and Cormac Battle and Jenny Huston (all 2FM) and Joe and Keith (Spin 103).
    (I thought I might have heard them on Phantom at some stage and my suspicions were confirmed by a Sunday Tribune article relating to property!)

Also Ray O'Hara has had a classic rock show during the 2 temp. licences for oldies station Premier FM.

Then, there are a no. of others who do not appear to have made the next step to licensed broadcasting, as far as I know. The first name that springs to my mind is John Jettson. He used to be on Saturday afternoons, as indeed he was on Phantom's predecessor Spectrum. John was nearly always followed by Jack Hyland, now presenter of Phantom's Heavy Traffic. I learnt from another thread that John went to New Zealand.
    Others: apparently there were one or two other Alisons, Al Graham (or is he?) - he goes right back to Coast FM and Tom Hayes - Phantom's original heavy metal guru.

A very high per centage of those with Phantom during the temp. licence phases made it to its current full-licenced stage. But there were a few who did not.
    The ones I know of are: 1. Joe (can't remember his surname) that presented the Saturday morning show for most of the duration of the 2 temp. licences.
    2. Anne-Marie? - the original presenter of the same program for the first month.
    3. Graham (Graemo!) - He shared a program with Dara (I think) in the first licence, and had his own Saturday afternoon show on the second licence. He also was involved during its pirate phase. I remember first being aware of him when he appeared on a short-lived dating show presented by Brendan Courtney! He was introduced as a deejay and wore a teeshirt with "Phantom" emblazoned on it!! (He was getting a plug in for a pirate on RTE.)

I know I have heard many other voices on Phantom during its pirate days, which stretched from November 1997 right up to May 2003.
    Maybe others remember some of them, or have some more memories of those I have mentioned.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Bojangles

Didn't the guys who do podge & rodge have a show on phantom back in the pirate days?

Advertisement