Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Service Lapse

Options
  • 26-11-2006 10:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭

Hello. My wireless broadband(digiweb) isn't working. Could it be to do with bad weather? It was working fine today at around 5ish

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭alanbk

Not the weather!! Do a power cycle on the modem and the router and see how you get on.

1.Turn off modem
    2.Turn off router
    3.Power down P.C.and wait 5 mins.
    4.Switch on the modem.Make sure the modem passes all the tests.You should have 2 or 3 flashing green lights if it is the Thomson modem.Sometimes you will have to repower the antennae!
    5.Switch on the router.Again,make sure it has passed all the tests!!!
    6.Switch on the P.C.

.........works all the time for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭opinionated

Nope, that didnt fix it...I am using a d-link wireless model that I got myself...I think it is how the PPPoe isnt connecting

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭alanbk

Had major hassle with Digiweb last week on the same issue.Connect the modem directly first and work back from there.!!I called the Tech.Support in DW and I have to say,they were very good.Regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I've used Dlink wireless on Digiweb Wireless

If it has an MTA setting change it to 1492. If it is 1492, change it an change it back.

Select update & reboot each time.

make sure you have selected PPPoE and correct name / password,

If it is Metro (thomson modem with phone sockets) select DHCP, not PPPoE and re-power the modem to get it to accept the Dlink and give it a IP address

Spent the full night fiddlin with the router to get it goin, doin everything that the support page on digiweb said and finally its back...:)

• Advertisement

The service is gone again...Turns out the first time it was how I hadn't paid (due to a notice accidentally thought to be spam by gmail)...This time however, after checking my spam box, there was no notice....found the other one though...
    So anyways, done all the things, unpugging, switching back on...what else is there to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

hi opinionated. just to let you know i have the metro service in d.16 and the last 5 or 6 days its been very poor.speed tests show it at anything from 1-2.5mgs down and .1-.5 mgs upload on a 3mb connection also my ping are to bad to play games as they vary from 200-1000ms max pause and qos 20%-80%.
    i had probs with it losing connnect every 5 to 10 mins all day every few days but has stopped that now and just have bad speeds.
    i dont use router just directly connected.
    sorry 4 the rant and hope you sort your problem out.

game4it70 wrote:
    hi opinionated. just to let you know i have the metro service in d.16 and the last 5 or 6 days its been very poor.speed tests show it at anything from 1-2.5mgs down and .1-.5 mgs upload on a 3mb connection also my ping are to bad to play games as they vary from 200-1000ms max pause and qos 20%-80%.
    i had probs with it losing connnect every 5 to 10 mins all day every few days but has stopped that now and just have bad speeds.
    i dont use router just directly connected.
    sorry 4 the rant and hope you sort your problem out.
    My speed hasn't been what it should be at all (according to irishisptest)...it still ain't back yet. Am using the fwa service.

Been told that there is a problem at the base station and its gettin fixed or somet...dial-up is stressin me out like hell

Still no service but was told that it is to get fixed this evening...

• Advertisement
Advertisement