Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calling All Vapochill Owners............. Help

Options
  • 27-11-2006 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭

Just set up my vapochill PE with chill control 2

But it is the one that takes a serial connector.

I need a lend of the serial connector

it is a phone cable take plug to serial, but it is a 5pin rj11 style plug on one end and serial on the other, i would make one myself as per this http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=16003
    but i dont have a 5pin rj11 only 4pin

so has anyone got a lend of a vapochill serial cable, il pay some monney to use it or if anyone wants to sell one or make one il pay for it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

You mean chill-control ver 1 right? Cause 2 doesnt need it.

Also if you are having some trouble, when I get back to work later in the week I'll have a look at our cables. I think the phone system Lim houseings use the same cables and we have might have spares.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

krazy_8s wrote:
    Also if you are having some trouble, when I get back to work later in the week I'll have a look at our cables. I think the phone system Lim houseings use the same cables and we have might have spares.

no it is CC 2.00 which takes a serial, anything after takes usb

that would be cool if u have a spare cable man, il pay u for it and then i can wire a serial to the end

So your looking for a spare 5 pin rj11 crimped with some wire yeah? I'm not in work tommorow, but will ring in and find out. Might stop by and look myself.

krazy_8s wrote:
    So your looking for a spare 5 pin rj11 crimped with some wire yeah? I'm not in work tommorow, but will ring in and find out. Might stop by and look myself.

its rj12

i think its 6pin by default

thanks man

• Advertisement

From memory we have a six pin 6P6c(6pin telephone) and normal rj45 connections. From looking at some pics it seems that they use a rj12/6p6c connector. So I can just crimp it with a foot of 3 pair telephone cable? If I can get off of my civic duty early I can drop into work and make one.

Ahh, seems you have outdone me. **** it I obviously need some sleep.

krazy_8s wrote:
    From memory we have a six pin 6P6c(6pin telephone) and normal rj45 connections. From looking at some pics it seems that they use a rj12/6p6c connector. So I can just crimp it with a foot of 3 pair telephone cable? If I can get off of my civic duty early I can drop into work and make one.
    cool

basically the vapo cable uses 5 individual pins

Advertisement