Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just saw angle vs joe on TNA genesis

• 27-11-2006 1:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭

I wish i knew what was going on in Kurt Angles head i really do, again no question it was a stellar performance from both wrestlers, but does angle really need to be taking these bumps considering his body is on the verge of quitting on him

When he was slammed head first into the guard rail, it looked to be top heavy on his neck, plus the bump he took when joe power bombed him from the apron to the floor, also again on angles most vulnerable parts

It isnt exactly the actions of someone who really wants to take care of his health to be doing that type of match with the physical condition hes in which is a wreck lets face it.

TNA needs to compete fair enough, and they need the marquee value of a Kurt Angle, but do they also wish to contribute to Kurt angles paralysis by putting him in these situations, no one but kurt knows for sure whats going on in his head

But for the sake of him his wife and children i hope he comes to his senses soon and retires

Shin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I think the only way for TNA not to put him in those situations would be to not let him wrestle full stop. I'm certain it's him who proposed those bumps. I'm not actually as worried about him now. If you saw Impact, which was taped the day after Genesis, Kurt looked fine, bouncin around as well as ever

I found myself getting into the match a good bit cos I was worried every time Kurt sold one of the big moves, he's great at convincing you that he's actually hurt. Maybe I'll be proven wrong, but right now I think Kurt is safe

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

I said this before on Boards and I'll say it again. I think people are making too much of a big deal about Angles health. Seriously, the way some of you go on, you would swear that he's gonna die if he takes a body slam. If he was really that bad, he wouldn't wrestle and thats a fact. Nobody in their right mind would wrestle if they thought that they could possibly get paralysed from the slightest bump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Nobody in their right mind would wrestle if they thought that they could possibly get paralysed from the slightest bump.

You need to read his book.

And you need to watch Wrestlemania 19.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,009 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

And you need to watch Wrestlemania 19.

You also need to hear Vince Mc Mahon's interview on WWE byte this. When he is expressing concern for a wrestlers health you know it's serious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

co-sign...some of the injuries he has had and stiff suffers from to this very day makes you wonder how the hell the guy gets out of bed in the morning.
    You also need to hear Vince Mc Mahon's interview on wwe byte this. When he is espressing concern for a wrestlers health you know it's serious
    thats the one where he said something like kurt angles downfall will be his desire to compete and his competitiveness yea?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,009 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Yes it is.

I have read his book and I know what your talking about. As Kurt would say himself, the time when he won a gold medal with a broken' freakin' neck.

The thing is here, you have to put things into perspective. The olympics only happens every 4 years and is biggest stage for athletes worldwide. Alot of these athletes only get one chance at getting into it so many of them would do almost anything to qualify (eg kurt wrestling with the broken neck). Pro Wrestling events however occur almost on a daily basis and do not require the wrestlers to get into their best shape in order to 'win' their matches. It also does not fully demand that wrestlers do absolutely anything to make sure they get on the show. Kurt is well aware that if he is hurt, then because he is in the wrestling business, he can take time off and still get paid and that his spot will still be there when he comes back unlike what happens at the olympics... if your injured your out. Come back in four years.

w. Kurt is well aware that if he is hurt, then because he is in the wrestling business, he can take time off and still get paid and that his spot will still be there when he comes back unlike what happens at the olympics... if your injured your out. Come back in four years.

But thats the point when he was in the WWE, if he got hurt, his spot wasn't protected and thats why he always went for the short cut option with his neck injuries.

Wrestling is competitive. Everyone wants the top spot. Thats the system. And its just as competitive as any other real sport. Its just hidden a bit better.

I've said this a few times. Nobody knows how hurt Kurt is except Kurt. But, from going on all the interviews he has done over the last 4 years he's not in good shape.

Now working with TNA isn't the worst option. It does give him a much lighter schedule to be fair.

Have a look at the mania of wresletmania dvd. It follows the wrestlers around for a day at wrestlemania 19. Yes the WWE might dramatise it a bit but it gives you an insight into the mind of Angle. He is insanely driven. And unless he controls that (which he hasn't so far) he'll have a bad ending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

All wrestlers are at risk, at least Angle will be doing a hell of a lot less dates than if he he was with WWE. Steve Austin opened his book talking about nearly dying at WM19, but you don't hear much about that do you?

Angle and Joe was a hell of a match, and I'm looking forward to more of the same.

Wrestling is a dangerous business for everyone no doubt. But when you mix Kurt's driven streak, his long list of injuries that he has spoken about and his family medical history (his family suffers from angina), thats when it becomes a little more dangerous

And then he says he wants to do MMA on the side. Thats when your asking for very big trouble.

I really hope everything works out for him though.

• Advertisement

But thats the point when he was in the WWE, if he got hurt, his spot wasn't protected and thats why he always went for the short cut option with his neck injuries.

Wrestling is competitive. Everyone wants the top spot. Thats the system. And its just as competitive as any other real sport. Its just hidden a bit better.

Now working with TNA isn't the worst option. It does give him a much lighter schedule to be fair.
    I see what your saying there but when Kurts health started to come into the public eye, he was well and truly established with WWE. Yes there is definitly competition behind the scenes alright but at that stage Kurt was at the point that he could take almost as much time off as he wanted (with pay) and would still be able to come back and be in the limelight. Could you imagine HBK or HHH getting injured only to come back and not be one of the top guys?

Yes working with TNA is the better option for Angle if he does have some ongoing injuries but to be honest, I think that if Angle was to tell them tomorrow that he needed time off, even if it meant leaving the company altogether, they would still jump at the chance of signing him in a years time because angle=ratings and ratings=money. Plus, Kurt has been working with WWE at the top level for many years now, headlining a number of wrestlemanias which means he probably has shed loads of cash waiting for him at home. My point is that if Kurt was really in career ending bad shape, im sure he would take time off.

I suppose at the end of the day really, whether im right or Vince135792003 is right, we'll never truly know whats going through his head untill we walk a mile in his shoes.

Kurt was at the point that he could take almost as much time off as he wanted (with pay) and would still be able to come back and be in the limelight. Could you imagine HBK or HHH getting injured only to come back and not be one of the top guys?

My point is that if Kurt was really in career ending bad shape, im sure he would take time off.

But for Kurt it wasn't about being a top guy in the WWE. It was about being the top guy.

He did take time off. 1 week he issues a statement saying he can hardly move, saying that his daughter was like a nurse to him. 3/4 weeks later he says he's 100%.

Advertisement