Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vectra's new Toy..

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,540 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Latest news in this dilemna...!! :(

Last week I got an attached letter from DHL to Mein Feuhr...!! ( The German Fokker )

Basically it was telling him Sorry about losing your buggy but seeing as you failed to insure it go and P1$$ 0FF..!!! :eek:

They are refunding the postage costs an a % of the value of the item as compensation. which amounts to €148 :eek:

Now where do I stand? :confused: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Just to get matters straight here:

Did DHL admit that they lost it?
    Who are the "they" which refunded the postage and % value - DHL or the Kraut?
    How many chips did you losse on this deal then?

T-Maxx wrote:
    Just to get matters straight here:

Did DHL admit that they lost it?

They said they cannot locate it

Who are the "they" which refunded the postage and % value - DHL or the Kraut?

DHL

How many chips did you losse on this deal then?

More than I would like to admit to. :o

Ah well.
    Not much I can do about it now only sit and wait for my €148 :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

:eek:
    I would piss on the german, God...this is really bad, Surely DHL have an irish HQ in dublin, maybe you can work something out with them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

The dip****s:eek:
    There is a HQ or warehouse thing in Finglas, Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Ah man that is awful. Try the DHL headquaters for Ireland and see what they can do. Surely they would be insured themselves for stuff like this happening

BFassassin wrote:
    Ah man that is awful. Try the DHL headquaters for Ireland and see what they can do. Surely they would be insured themselves for stuff like this happening

Rang them and spoke to one of the guys that I was on to before christmas about this.
    His words?
    " Happy new year to you" Sorry.. can do nothing about it..! :(

OK,
    23/March this Muppet last contacted me regarding this. Though I have emailed him several times enquiring about the situation. I think it is time to say "enough is enough" :mad:
    I am fed up with being Messed around and to be fair it is 41/2 months since I paid him.
    Look at all this good weather and me with nothing to go any enjoy in the field..:(
    So. Tuesday Morning I think it is time to contact my Solicitor and see what he thinks. :(

Do. Do you have an address fo your solicitor to send threatning [as in goingt to court] letters to him?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭SLIM19198

Flight over, bring a ball and mit with the baseball bat to say its for recreation ;)

Who is this guy anyway?

• Advertisement

Flunked wrote:
    Do. Do you have an address fo your solicitor to send threatning [as in goingt to court] letters to him?

Should have somewhere. but if I dont I am sure Solicitors would have ways and means of finding those anyway. ( through isp and ip numbers etc. ;))

If using the ip agasint him hope he has a connection with a static ip. dynamic wont be much good to you

Yup,
    Just pulled out the copy of the letter from DHL to him and his address is on it as plain as day..!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭SLIM19198

yeah, but what is his ebay username, save others buying from him!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭barry181091

Hey Man,
    Just read through the 6 pgs, REally sorry about your dispute :mad: ! But did he say in the ebay page or to you that he was sending the package by insured mail, if he did and just forgot to put the value in , Well then he has a right to pay you back in full.

Barry.

Hey Man,
    Just read through the 6 pgs, REally sorry about your dispute :mad: ! But did he say in the ebay page or to you that he was sending the package by insured mail, if he did and just forgot to put the value in , Well then he has a right to pay you back in full.

Barry.

I dont think there was ever a mention of insured delivery.
    BUT
    Would you send something valuable like that and not insure it? :confused:

vectra wrote:
    Would you send something valuable like that and not insure it? :confused:
    Yes
    ;)

But do you really have a case if you go to court over it or anything?
    Nothing was bad on his part. Yeah he should of insured it but it wasn't advertised as insured. DHL lost it and as it is not insured it's just 'tuff luck. But that is what I can see from it. Hopefully you can get the best part of the money back

Flunked wrote:
    Yes
    ;)

But do you really have a case if you go to court over it or anything?
    Nothing was bad on his part. Yeah he should of insured it but it wasn't advertised as insured. DHL lost it and as it is not insured it's just 'tuff luck. But that is what I can see from it. Hopefully you can get the best part of the money back

Well, The way I understand it is this,
    I bought the item from him ( Therefore taking out a contract with him )
    He in turn took out a delivery contract with DHL.
    item wnet missing never to be found.
    My contract with him is thus broken so I am entitled to a full refund.
    He in turn takes it up with DHL as it was He who contracted them to deliver it. :cool:

I see ;)

Good luck

Yeah you may be right Vec , BUT is it WORTH alone going to court , How much alone will your Solicitor charge you ??

Barry.

• Advertisement

How much alone will your Solicitor charge you ??

Barry.

thats the prob. :(

But.
    If the german is totally wrong then I will sue him for all costs incurred ;)

Yeah ... True . Mabey your Solicitor will do the thing ''No win , No fee'' I have seen it been done before . But mabey not .

Barry.

Advertisement