Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot Immobiliser Problem

Options
  • 27-11-2006 1:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭

Have my 99 Peugeot 106 gti 1.6l 16V for two months now, but for the past month (maybe less) the immobiliser has been acting up something awful.

When I turn the key, it starts beeping about twice a second. I thought it was because of the cold mornings - but it's started happening in all states of late. Sometimes I get the engine going and drive it a bit, but it keeps beeping. When I stop up after a minute or so, I get out, hit the alarm fob again and it stops. Engine starts perfectly from then on.

Sometimes, the engine doesn't start and I wear the battery down. I've had to jump start it 3 or 4 times already this weekend.
    It's very tempremental.

So, any idea what it could be? I haven't had the time to bring it into Peugeot yet (early morning commute to college and late return).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

Bump?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Puff Puff Pass

i have a gti aswell. immobilisors are a common problem - although hasnt happened to me. best bet is to bring it into a peugeot dealer - he's guaranteed to have seen the same problem before.

whats the year + mileage?

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SonOfPerdition

conz

you may be better off looking for a forum dedicated to the pug 106. Other owners will be able to give you much better tech advice specific to your car.

best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

It's a '99 at 65,000 miles.

Would it be expensive to get it repaired?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Demmo

Sounds like another problem.
    The immobilizer does give a bit of trouble on this model.
    A dealer can read the problems with the immobiliser in the engine ecu with peugeot diagnostic equipment.

• Advertisement
Advertisement