Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wonderful, Wonderful ESB!!!!!

Options
  • 27-11-2006 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭

I got a wee bonus to help with my christmas shopping on Friday (E600)

I also got a bill from the ESB (E486)

It appears correct as they had not checked my meter in nearly a year.

OK, I know I have a responsibility to check estimates etc, just I'm not impressed that no ESB person has been near my house to check my meter in nearly a YEAR ?????? Facking outrageous !

When I signed up they insisted I got Direct Debit, so I expected the bill would equalise after a few months as and when some chap came out and read the meter!!

Luckilly I got the bonus or I would not have had the money to pay it.

The worst bit was they are gonna take the cash by direct debit in the normal way !!!!!

Surely theres some law preventing pr1cks from running our core utilities ?

hindsight, perhaps not......

Fatboy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

they are obligated to make 3 readings a year. Dont bother phoning to file a complaint because they will drag their heels, if you are friends with a counselor/td/lawyer get them to send a letter in. you will get a response within 2-3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

jaggeh wrote:
    they are obligated to make 3 readings a year. Dont bother phoning to file a complaint because they will drag their heels, if you are friends with a counselor/td/lawyer get them to send a letter in. you will get a response within 2-3 days.

They cant read th emeters of people who are not in though.

fatboypee wrote:
    OK, I know I have a responsibility to check estimates etc, just I'm not impressed that no ESB person has been near my house to check my meter in nearly a YEAR ?????? Facking outrageous !

You can phone in your readings to make sure they are correct and not estimates.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

only if the meter is inside your property, if its outside as the majority are then they just walk up, open the box and enter the reading in their handheld ITRON readers (bord gais use em too).

but saying that you should always make sure you get estimates amended, you usually have 14 days to do it once the bill has been issued.

Advertisement