Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

St00pid things you do pissed...Mega Merge] *hic*

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

I am taking my most stupid things to the grave, bad memories

A funny one was when me and a friend took a " shortcut" home, we couldn't see much as we went through this field, came to a bit of a drop and couldn't see what was below, he went first and slid down, i asked is it ok, he shouted back yea its fine, slid down and was up to my waist in muddy water, had to climb back up, (took ages) walk down the street destroyed

Got lost in San Francisco once, managed to lose everyone and end up on my own with no money and ended up hanging out with some dodgy dudes in a bit of a rough area, full of crack addicks etc, managed to flag down cop to take me to subway, he ended up being a total freak, thought i was going to be taken to a deliverence scene, bad night....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Fighting a phonebox, Pissing in a wheelybin, pissing in a letterbox, puking in someones shoe...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Car Mad

julep wrote:
    I had a lodger who used to sleepwalk.
    one night he was hammered and walked into my room. I was in the middle of painting it at the time and my digibox was on the floor. he proceedd to take out his lad and attempt to piss on the digibox. i dived off the bed and woke him before he blew himself up. ****ing dumbass.

:eek: :eek: You know your not supposed to wake up sleep walkers they could have a heart attack:cool: I would of watched him blow him self up:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

I think the most stupid thing was in my earliest days of alcohol when tried to go across a small river on a mattress.
    It sank, I got pulled out.
    Since then I do my best impression of being sober when drunk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Throwing about 15 traffic cones across a wall into an esb yard then getting caught and being made put them all back...Oh the shame!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

pissing seems very common here.
    A friend of mine lives with his mate who goes to collage. he came home drunk one night walked into his mates room thinking it was the bathroom and pissed all over evry one of his collage books....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

A few months ago I went out and got pretty pissed. Normal thing to do at the end of a night is to get a bit of food. Didn't have enough money so I walked home to make a sandwich.

Got home, put the bread in the toaster and got the ham and cheese ready. Mmmm lovely. Went to bed, got up about 1hr later feeling terrible. Left my insides in the toilet bowl.

Next morning my stomach wasn't feeling the best, but I still wanted breakfast. went to get some bread. What I seen nearly made me sick again. The bread was hairy, mouldy and green blotches in places.

In my drunken state that night I never noticed. Toasted the bread and munched away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Hmm, I seem to be able to control myself while drunk. One slightly embarassing thing I did at my 18th mind you, was get up in front of everybody and give a speech, and a toast to those who couldnt be here tonight. Most of whom were watching me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

I was on a packed Nitelink home after a very drunken night out when I decided it would be a good idea to phone my boyfriend and have phone sex with him. In front of the whole bus.

Unfortunately for some reason he found my incredibly sexy drunken propositions funny rather than a turn-on, which was not the reaction I was hoping for - apparently having someone slurring down the phone what they want to do to you isn't the sexiest thing in the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Went on a rampage when I was living in Germany, smashed up a load of bicycles and eventually smashed the wing mirror off a car near where I lived. I really have no idea why.

Also when living in Germany after a trip to McDonalds at 4am I decided along with a friend it'd be a good idea to rob flowers from peoples windows on the way home. Everyone put these trays of flowers outside their houses where I lived. Took a couple, including one very nice carved wooden box of flowers from a restaurant beer garden, along with one of their lamps. Just left them lying outside my front door and went to bed. My housemates had to take them in the next day to stop people from seeing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

i killed a man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

^No its grand, I woke up a few hours later. But can I please have my wallet back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 lounge_lizard

I was going back to my crib at about 4am one night and needed a pi55, so I stood in front of the entrance of a building site and relieved myself. Unfortunately I didn't hear the copper strolling by and he tapped me on the shoulder. Of course in my drunken stuper I just turned round, yep, you guessed pi55ed over copper's shoes and strides!

Got taken down to the cells til 8am and a caution!

But another time when I couldn't hold it, another officer told me I was breaking the law, to which I replied how? Imagine if my wife was walking down the street and saw your manhood? As it was a fairly dark and out of the way alley, I replied, officer if your wife was out alone at this hour I would wonder what she was upto? He blushed and told me to hurry up and try to go in the bar next time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

One night I was on the p1ss with a few of the lads and ended up getting mangled drunk by about 9pm. So I decided I didn't want to stay in the pub and wanted to go for a walk. A naked one....... As soon as I got outside the pub I took off my clothes and started running up the street, laughing to myself cause I thought it was the most hilarious thing in the world.... Until a garda car stopped in front of me and I ended up throwing myself over he hood of it. I was laying on the road with my elbows and knees scraped to **** while 2 gardai p1ssed themselves laughing at me. Needless to say I got a free ride home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I've not done anything particularly embarrassing thankfully. I've only had one of those 'what the hell did I do last night' moments too. the last thing I remember is walking along the road laughing, and drinking, in broad daylight. I was drunk but not outrageously so, and can remember everything clearly up to that point. Then - boom. Feels like a second later I wake up, I'm in a strange bed, its pitch black, and I feel like I'm dying. I reckon I must have taken something dodgey because the lads claim I was with them chatting away fine all night, but I don't remember a single second of it....strange one, that.

Oh and there was one time me and a friend spent an hour at 3am blocking up the main road with wheelie bins, giant storage bins, bits of building equipment, and a massive, massive concrete slab that blocked up an entire lane and took 3 of us to drag inch by inch across. It seemed funny at the time but the next morning I just had to ask myself why. Should have seen the state of the traffic jams the next morning near my house.

• Advertisement

I was going back to my crib at about 4am one night and needed a pi55, so I stood in front of the entrance of a building site and relieved myself. Unfortunately I didn't hear the copper strolling by and he tapped me on the shoulder. Of course in my drunken stuper I just turned round, yep, you guessed pi55ed over copper's shoes and strides!

Got taken down to the cells til 8am and a caution!
    you deserved it for calling your house your "crib".

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

We all do silly things after a few drinks. What's the stupiest/silliest thing that you've ever done?

My friend managed to fall off a bar stool and give herself a black eye before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

I've given one or two of those, while younger and thicker than I am now.

That counts as stoopid/silly in my book...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Heh, sorry, I don't spend a lot of time in AH!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Faith wrote:
    Heh, sorry, I don't spend a lot of time in AH!
    Pffft, excuses, too busy moderating the massive amount of posts the L&E forum gets, eh? :p

rb_ie wrote:
    Pffft, excuses, too busy moderating the massive amount of posts the L&E forum gets, eh? :p

Oooh, someone's bitter!

No, I have about 15 fora that I regularly visit, and generally that's that. Only when I'm really bored or hungover do I venture into AH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Faith wrote:
    Oooh, someone's bitter!

No, I have about 15 fora that I regularly visit, and generally that's that. Only when I'm really bored or hungover do I venture into AH.

Hey some of us have e-feelings. ;_;

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Faith wrote:
    Oooh, someone's bitter!

So what are you now, bored or pissed?:)

Faith wrote:
    Oooh, someone's bitter!

fair play to you. I can't handle this place when i'm hungover.

julep wrote:
    fair play to you. I can't handle this place when i'm hungover.

The horrors are abating now. I have a large blank period in my memory, with just a couple of flashes of something really stupid that I did. I find reading other peoples stories comforting!

Ruu - Sorry! You know I <3 you.

Faith wrote:
    Oooh, someone's bitter!

Bitter?Me?!Over what!?

stargal wrote:
    I was on a packed Nitelink home after a very drunken night out when I decided it would be a good idea to phone my boyfriend and have phone sex with him. In front of the whole bus.

Unfortunately for some reason he found my incredibly sexy drunken propositions funny rather than a turn-on, which was not the reaction I was hoping for - apparently having someone slurring down the phone what they want to do to you isn't the sexiest thing in the world.
    That is ****ing gas!! Imagine sitting beside you on the bus ,

Hey baby (hic) What are you wearing ?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Hmmmmmm stupidest thing I ever did was probably deciding to run down a grass embankment instead of using the footpath. It was basically a road that wound down and around to the right. There was a couple of us there... all pretty well polluted. So One of them decides to go down the embankment... I follow obviously. What I didnt realise however was that at the end was a ten foot drop on to the footpath. The other were fine as they had shoes with a bit of grip on them and were able to steer themselves to a less serious place to drop off from. I ,on the other hand, happened to be wearing dress shoes, dress pants, a hugo boss shirt and a 600 sterling leather jacket(which wasnt mine).

I dont remember actually falling really... just thinking oh **** and then being on the ground in immense pain. My knee was in bits for days... still convinced I chipped my knee cap or something. Also tore through most of the ligaments in my left shoulder.

My friends were convinced I was dead given the sound of the thud but thankfully I managed to get up and walk away from that one.

Wasnt till the next morning I really felt it though.... or realised that ide torn the **** out of the jacket ide borrowed. I swear if we hadnt been friends for 14 years I would have been torn a new one.

Needless to say il be avoiding anymore embankments from now on.

I did something similar. 8 foot drop resulted in me tearing the ligaments in my ankle and having 4 guys struggle to carry me the length of a football pitch inorder to get to my friends car. thank god for mobile phones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭Elphaba

Went on a rampage when I was living in Germany, smashed up a load of bicycles and eventually smashed the wing mirror off a car near where I lived. I really have no idea why.

Oh Royale with cheese, you rascal you! Fingers crossed someone breaks your wing mirror one day so you can feel what a fantastic experience it is to get up in the morning and realise that some idiotic knacker vandalised your car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Sarn

Too many blurry memories. There was one night out after a heavy snowfall where we decided to partake in some wintry sports. The obligatory snowball fights, snowball target practice (at the student res's) and the slalom. One friend decided to try this face first, whereupon he lost all the buttons on his jacket.

Drunken walking distance later....we found ourselves in a church carpark, good slope, compacted snow, ideal for sliding on. God knows how long we spent there but it was great fun (20-30 ft slides). The problem was that with that much booze keeping our balance was fairly tough. Needless to say I fell on my back more often than not, but fortunately, I was sufficiently anaesthetised so kept going. Next day I couldn't move my head, I'd given myself whiplash.

I think the stupidest thing I've done when drunk was on New Years Eve 2006/2006, drank far, far too much and got in some sort of competition with some people at a party to see who could make it down the stairs on top of an upside down ironing board, standing up. Went fine the first few times, was good fun actually, until I fell off at the end, went straight into the block at the end of the handrail and cleanly broke two ribs, cut the shíte out of my side and damaged a load of muscle around the ribs/top of my abs. Took the wind out of me but wasn't too painful at the time but instead of going to hospital, I went home and hit the sack in bits, waking up in a pool of blood and barely able to move the next morning.

I've done plenty of stupid shíte when drunk, but that one springs to mind because its the only thing that really had an after effect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

The other week we all went back to one lad's house, all very drunk. Switched on the telly which I then crawled up to and began hugging. They asked me why I was doing this, and my reply was "I like static"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭I_and_I

My most idiotic drunken moment involved me lying in the middle of a main road barley able to speak and trying to chat-up the female garda trying to remove me by my legs. I ended up getting a bit blary and got taken down pretty hard, thought I had broke my hip (or had it broke). I hate getting legless like that, damn triple JD's and coke.

I_and_I wrote:
    I hate getting legless like that, damn triple JD's and coke.

Then don't drink as much/ don't drink yourself stupid if you hate it so much, its not that hard to do. If you do find it difficult not to though, I'd suggest you seek help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭me and the biz

Elphaba wrote:
    Oh Royale with cheese, you rascal you! Fingers crossed someone breaks your wing mirror one day so you can feel what a fantastic experience it is to get up in the morning and realise that some idiotic knacker vandalised your car

Had it done to me twice last year and a few weeks ago some idiot kicked in my front lights.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I hate you royale with cheese

rb_ie wrote:
    Then don't drink as much/ don't drink yourself stupid if you hate it so much, its not that hard to do. If you do find it difficult not to though, I'd suggest you seek help.

I actually havn't drank for about two months and I had been drinking on and off for a while before that. This happened a long time ago too, do you think I would still be doing this if I hate it so much:confused: . Also I thought this thread was for a bit of comic releif and not for getting lectured, I am well aware of how to take care of myself thank you very much.

I_and_I wrote:
    I am well aware of how to take care of myself thank you very much.
    I_and_I wrote:
    me lying in the middle of a main road barley able to speak and trying to chat-up the female garda trying to remove me by my legs. I ended up getting a bit blary and got taken down pretty hard

Um hmm, sure you are...keep taking care of yourself so well and I'm sure you'll life and long and healthy life ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

told a teacher of mine at the time that i loved her while eating a quarter. - that went down well. i used to get into fights with inanimate objects alot.

one night when i was about 17 i came home at 1am and told the family i was going to bed, climbed back out the window and went back out on the piss. i came home again at 4am and climbed back in the window except this time i got stuck. i spent a few minutes in sheer panic trying to wriggle my way through this window. eventually i did and clattered off the shelf below the window taking the whole thing with me - glasses and cups and stuff smashing off the ground. I could hear the mother running down the corridor, so i quickly threw off all my clothes and just as she came into the room and turned on the light i lept up in the jocks and shouted "Itssss ook i fell out of the fackin bed!" she believes me till this day even though i was still wearing my glasses and the bed is nowhere near the shelf

rb_ie wrote:
    Um hmm, sure you are...keep taking care of yourself so well and I'm sure you'll life and long and healthy life ;)

Well I will try take that advice your holyness.:rolleyes:
    Some of us have done stupid things in our lives and learned from them, but I am sure you have never had that problem.
    rb_ie wrote:
    I think the stupidest thing I've done when drunk was on New Years Eve 2006/2006, drank far, far too much and got in some sort of competition with some people at a party to see who could make it down the stairs on top of an upside down ironing board, standing up. Went fine the first few times, was good fun actually, until I fell off at the end, went straight into the block at the end of the handrail and cleanly broke two ribs, cut the shíte out of my side and damaged a load of muscle around the ribs/top of my abs. Took the wind out of me but wasn't too painful at the time but instead of going to hospital, I went home and hit the sack in bits, waking up in a pool of blood and barely able to move the next morning.

Advertisement