Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Affordable Housing house swap?

Options
  • 27-11-2006 12:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi folks,

Would anybody know if it is possible, once you have been allocated a property on the affordable housing initiative/scheme can you request a different property on the same council or a different council?

I’m sure its not the norm but is it possible to swap with another successful applicant on a different council?

Basically, I would need a helicopter to get to work from where I have been assigned a home and I am just exploring my options.

Thanks for your help :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

It says in the booklet that once you accept a property from them that you cant accept another one. Better check it out though. They're customer service is suprisingly good. They'll answer any questions you have.

heres' the num: 01 222 2222

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Basically, I would need a helicopter to get to work from where I have been assigned a home and I am just exploring my options.
    You'd have to turn down the offer I suspect. Otherwise you'll basically have jumped the queue for the other schemes

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Blackboard25 -

housing initiative/scheme - presume you mean scheme or are you looking at both?

How is the house so far when you applied for that area?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Blackboard25

Hi Moonbeam,

Actually it’s the affordable housing initiative. I applied to this council because it was the one that was running the competition at the time and frankly like most of us Im desperate to get onto the ladder. And don’t get me wrong, although to some I may appear fussy but I will still take it regardless and get up at 5am to get to work on time if I have to…

Im just checking my options before I commit.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

That was inteligent:)

ok if you need to get up at 5 work you have obviuously applied in Limerick or Galway or somewhere to work in Dublin?

With the affordable housing initative is it not like just buying a house normally one your approved?

Were you offered one in Balbriggan(as 1/2 of this forum appears to have got houses in Dun Saithne)or Ongar where yes I can prob see how it could take hours to get to work, and are you being slighly dramatic about the 5am getting up time?:)

Though you'd prob get a seat on the train and a parking space...;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

Once you have accecpted a house, the co. council rules are that you must live there a minimum of 2 years before you can be considered for a transfere.

B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 lollipops

no sorry folks you cant transfer from a house on the affordale house list only if you a renting a house from the council(after 2 years) sorry:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 eileen grace

can you transfer from ireland to Uk council property?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

can you transfer from ireland to Uk council property?

Eileen- I am closing this thread- as its a 5 year old thread (please see when the last posts on this thread were made). If you would like to ask questions about this topic (or others)- please open your own thread, and the good folk who visit the forum will be only too happy to help.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement