Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M-Audio ozone and portable studio.

Options
  • 27-11-2006 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

I've always written alot when I travel so I've decided to bring it a step further and have a laptop based system for recording and hit cities in Europe that inspire me and record and collaborate as I go.
    Anyone worked like this? I'm trying to decide on exactly what gear to get. I reckon the M-audio Ozone could be a useful tool. Ever used one or something similar?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

A mate of mine has one of those, it seems to be simple and reliable. He also got the M-audio studio backpack which holds an Ozone, a laptop and all the usual bits and bobs. I've just ordered an m-audio axiom 25 which is smaller and more expensive than the ozone but has loads more controllers, trigger pads and semiweighted keys. I'll report back once I get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

I actually have an Axiom 65 key myself already. The thing with the Ozone is that it is a combination midi keyboard and audio interface. Although despite its convenience I have a suspicion that it's not going to quite give me the audio quality I'm after for potentialy making it onto final cuts for release.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭nessymon

For simple portable stuff I bought Cubase SL4 - with a nice little soundcard enough for what I want - also got the Ozone... plus Maudio do this nice little bag that has room for the Ozone Laptop soundcard mics, cables everything you need

Advertisement