Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are Dunnes Stores clothes smaller than Pennies

Options
  • 27-11-2006 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

I went to buy some new shirts for work the other day in Dunnes, they didnt fit. Nice shirts, just didnt fit.

I have noticed lately that all Dunnes Stores clothes are a small cut compared to Pennys or Heatons.

Why is this does anyone know.

I went to Pennys and bought shirts there instead, same size according to the label, and they are slightly too big for me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

There's no standard for clothes sizes really, they haven't been updated since the 50's and obviously body sizes have changed.

I buy all my office type clothes in Topshop, i've bought two pairs of trousers from them a month ago, yesterday I bought another pair in the *same size* and I couldn't get them past my thighs. I haven't put on any weight and the other Topshop trousers fit me fine!

I never try on clothes in the store, so it's quite infuriating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Been shopping with the girlfriend and noticed that shops for girls do petty sizes and larger sizes. But she pointed out a pair of jeans said 18 on the label but the same jeans in the larger section also said 18 but where a wider cut.

Just a case of trying on clothes in the shop. Am a lad and dont like shopping for clothes too often, like yourself I go in grab the clothes and out again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Well I find the opposite! (but I'm a laydee!)

Penny's size 10 cords are a perfect fit!

Similar cords from Dunnes, size 8, flippin massive! Far too big and with a Simon Cowell high waist! :rolleyes:

Why won't these shops get a few changing rooms. Do they think if we pay peanuts for their clothes we won't mind the bother of returning the bloody things when they don't fit! :mad:

Advertisement