Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Most expensive Album you have on Discogs.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

Rude And Deadly - Lightnin And Tunda / Mash Dem Down - Unity Records £64.99

would never sell it though...

the first alaska album on vibez isn't even on there - although one guy is selling two plates of a white label copy for £25... all the full release copies got pulped when the distributor went bankrupt, apart from what could be carried out of the warehouse... think i have one of only 250 copies...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I think I win. There's a copy of Coil's Musick to Play in the Dark on there for $500. The version listed is the relatively common version (limited to 100 copies) on blue and green vinyl. Mine's on purple vinyl and limited to 60. I've lots of expensive stuff but it's so rare it's not on discogs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭skkatter

The record's worth isn't definied by how much somebody has it up for sale for, it's definied by how much somebody actually pays for it, so those Discogs prices would be an inaccurate judge of value.

For example, I could pick any one of my records and place it in the for sale section of Discogs for a million quid, kind of like what those guys are doing. Check Ebay sales figures for a more accurate "price" of a record.

But going by your Discogs method this is my most expensive one probably:
    http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?release_id=377967

Kill the buzz why dontcha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

skkatter wrote:
    The record's worth isn't definied by how much somebody has it up for sale for, it's definied by how much somebody actually pays for it, so those Discogs prices would be an inaccurate judge of value.

For example, I could pick any one of my records and place it in the for sale section of Discogs for a million quid, kind of like what those guys are doing. Check Ebay sales figures for a more accurate "price" of a record.

But going by your Discogs method this is my most expensive one probably:
    http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?release_id=377967
    ha ha - I thought I was doing well with my 4xLP Northern Exposure vinyl worth about 50 Euro....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

John wrote:
    Kill the buzz why dontcha.
    He's right though, it's a bit of a pointless task. The link that the OP posted http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?sort=price,desc shows a price of something like a billion euro for the most expensive track, which just makes a nonsense of it all.

Personally I've got tonnes of vinyl that's worth a fair bit but I'd never sell any of it.

As already said, if you want t get a true reflection of what your records are worth check out Gemm, HTFR, or ebay.

Out of interest I just checked gemm and found that most of my coil collection is going for a lot more than I paid for it (and are similar in most cases to the going rates on ebay)
    Black Light District 2LP $175-$209
    Horse Rotorvator LP $159
    Regular edition of Musick to Play in the Dark Vol. 2 2LP $110 (as I said before, I've the super rare one)
    Stolen and Contaminated Songs CD $54
    Time Machines CD $180
    Unnatural History 1 $77
    Winter Solstice 7" $314
    Moon's Milk bonus CD-R €261 on ebay

Plus a lot of my Earth, Sunn O))) and related doom metal rareties are worth a pretty penny on ebay.

Advertisement