Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bluetooth keyboard with touch-pad mouse??

Options
  • 27-11-2006 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

Mods, sorry move this if it's in the wrong place!

I'm after a bluetooth wireless keyboard (need bluetooth as RF has very short range) that has a touch-pad mouse (like on a laptop) built-in (Want to use the PC on the projector and sit back on the couch, cant use the mouse on the couch!). Does such a thing exist? I've tried searching online but not having much look. There are wired ones alright, but can't find any bluetooth.

If anyone comes across anything please post here! Cheers in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I can only think of the MS MCE Keyboard, it has the integrated mouse pad. I have it, and its ok even though its infrared. ALTHOUGH, you should note that you also need to buy the MCE remote as a reciever doesn't come with the keyboard, I found this out the hard way :(

I can use it up to 10ft away on the couch, its range is estimated at 30ft though. How much distance do you need? Will there be any obstacles? As long as the keyboard can see the receiver its fine. Plus you can program the keyboard to act as the remote for your TV/VCR/DVD... etc

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

L31mr0d wrote:
    I can only think of the MS MCE Keyboard, it has the integrated mouse pad. I have it, and its ok even though its infrared. ALTHOUGH, you should note that you also need to buy the MCE remote as a reciever doesn't come with the keyboard, I found this out the hard way :(

I can use it up to 10ft away on the couch, its range is estimated at 30ft though. How much distance do you need? Will there be any obstacles? As long as the keyboard can see the receiver its fine. Plus you can program the keyboard to act as the remote for your TV/VCR/DVD... etc

Cheers for the link, I need about 15ft line-of-sight

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

You can get them pretty much anywhere online. Komplett and OCuk do them, to name a few. I bought the remote and keyboard from Quiet PC UK as they had a few other things that I needed, and their shipping isn't too bad to Ireland.

EDIT: Read up on some reviews online to find out what other people are getting regarding range for them, a google for "microsoft mce keyboard review" will have you on the right path.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

L31mr0d wrote:

BTW, do you need the special receiver, or will any bluetooth device do? (I have a USB bluetooth adaptor for my phone)

Advertisement