Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aqua Aerobics

Options
  • 27-11-2006 3:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hey all

Moved to Galway back in July for a job. Im looking to get a bit fit thought of swimming n that so looking for somewhere to do aqua aerobics or even a swimming pool i live out in knocknacarra area so somewhere close to there would suit. I know Leisureland have them but at €7.50 a class to go the 3 nites its on its pretty pricey, especially compared to the 4.50 I use to pay in waterford

Dont know many people here at all, prob one of the main reasons im considering going back home so somewhere kinda sociable would be great not necessary though.

Any help would be great thanks guys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Hey i go swimming 5nights a week in Leisureland ( Lanes ) its brilliant membership is 40euro a month which works out brilliant as its 5euro a session if you pay as you go so it works out that you get 2+weeks free, PM me if you would like to go sometime with me, there are 3lanes 1.slow 2.medium 3.fast very competitive and enjoyable, oh and before you ask no i dont work for leisureland even though the above would make you think otherwise!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭tickledpinkfair

lol yeh right little promotional speech for them there. Was considering lanes but havent been swimming in so long i prob would even manage 2 lol I might take a trip down tonight check out the facilities it says on their site they have a new gym open have you used that yet or whats it like?

No i dont use they Gym, Gyms are terrible if you ask me i reckon keep with the Swimming, i lost 6stone through swimming i was in a Gym before i started swimming and it did nothing for me Swimming is the business i was 18stone im down to 12 now all within 8months.

yeh i agree with you swimming is better for you but just wondering whats the best route for value for money and what the gym is like wouldnt mind the odd work out all the same

Just go swimming! PM me sometime if ya wanna go sometime its all good, defo get membership.

• Advertisement

thanks might take you up on that sometime i'll pop down n check out the facilitis down there before i join :D

Cool lookin forward to it, Im Dave. Talk to ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

i joined the gym in leisureland last week too. Went swimming in the slow lane but everyone was overtaking me :o might see ye there guys!

Im there most nights when i finish work at 5pm so im normally there at 5:45pm til 6:30pm. PM me if your ever around.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Steyr wrote:
    No i dont use they Gym, Gyms are terrible if you ask me i reckon keep with the Swimming, i lost 6stone through swimming i was in a Gym before i started swimming and it did nothing for me Swimming is the business i was 18stone im down to 12 now all within 8months.

Jaez, fairplay! Swimming is great if you want a balance of general exercise/workout without stressing the body. Swimming is my main exercise since my spinal injury, had to give up the ruggers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

yeh i agree with you swimming is better for you but just wondering whats the best route for value for money and what the gym is like wouldnt mind the odd work out all the same

Value for money, go for a run against the wind on the prob tbh :D

JohnCleary wrote:
    Jaez, fairplay! Swimming is great if you want a balance of general exercise/workout without stressing the body. Swimming is my main exercise since my spinal injury, had to give up the ruggers

Thanks, sorry to hear you had to give up Rugby im a huge Rugby fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

Not in your area, but an answer nonetheless: There's aquafit deep water classes in the Kingfisher in Renmore - they're good! I pay 65 for a 6 week course - pricy, but worth it!
    (and no, I'm not sponsored for advertising..;-))

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Steyr wrote:
    Thanks, sorry to hear you had to give up Rugby im a huge Rugby fan.
    Ah come on Hopper.. you're not THAT big.

DRakE wrote:
    Ah come on Hopper.. you're not THAT big.

I never said i play Rugby i said i like Rugby.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Yuo said you were a huge rugby fan and I think you're merely a normal sized rugby fan!

Advertisement