Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Motor Insurance Debate on Today FM this Evening

Options
  • 27-11-2006 3:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭

Councellor Mick Murphy of the Motor Insurance Justice Action Group (www.mijag.com) will be on the Last Word on Today FM at 5:30(ish) tonight (Monday 27th) to discuss Motor Insurance profits. Mike Kemp of the Irish Insurance Federation will also be on the progamme. Should make for an interesting discussion!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

Nearly everyones insurance has come down over the last few years, lets start hounding ESB & GAS rates, which are being increased every year despite massive profits!! then again most 17-22 yr olds dont pay these so it wont get as much intantion :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭CK.1

Keith C wrote:
    Nearly everyones insurance has come down over the last few years, lets start hounding ESB & GAS rates, which are being increased every year despite massive profits!! then again most 17-22 yr olds dont pay these so it wont get as much intantion :rolleyes:

The point is that the cost of motor insurance has not come down anywhere near what it should have. They cost of claims is way down and they are drip feeding this back to us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

Did I see McDowells ugly mug on a billboard trying to take credit for a drop in motor insurance over the weekend.
    I'm sure I saw it but can't believe it(Feeling like Bishop Len Brennan after having been kicked up the arse - he wouldn't dare, would he?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭CK.1

Mailman wrote:
    Did I see McDowells ugly mug on a billboard trying to take credit for a drop in motor insurance over the weekend.
    I'm sure I saw it but can't believe it(Feeling like Bishop Len Brennan after having been kicked up the arse - he wouldn't dare, would he?)
    Where did you see that? Some nerve if he is claiming credit for it. Grap a photo of it if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

CK.1 wrote:
    The point is that the cost of motor insurance has not come down anywhere near what it should have. They cost of claims is way down and they are drip feeding this back to us.

The only costs of claims that is was that is solicitors fee's (which were up to 40% of total claim paid) & this was only if an injured party went direct thru PIAB. People who have standard cars are all seeing reductions, its the hi mod cars/over 2 litre engines who dont see too much of a reduction due to their car performance.
    Anyone who has a full NCB shouldnt expect to see much more of a drop, Didn't a report a few moths back state that insurance prices were back to same premium as 1998??
    Price reductions wont go on forever...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭bucks

Mailman wrote:

Yeah i also saw that, cant remember where though, some nerve is right!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Saw that near Citywest recently, think it was on the citybound carriageway of the N7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bump its on in two mins!

Mike.

Advertisement