Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bb working but can't connect to wireless (BT, Voyager 2110)

Options
  • 27-11-2006 3:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭

We are using BT broadband, we have the Voyager 2110 up and running with 3 computers connected to it VIA ethernet..

Now i recently got a laptop with wireless..

I search with the laptop and I find the BT router, no problem there it sees it, I have entered in the WEP code too.. no problem there..

So it seems like it is connected..

I open up a webpage and it does not connect to the internet..

I use the repair option and it says it cannot renew the ip..

I am using the "obtain IP automatically" in the network settings..

Any ideas anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 juice79

Reboot your laptop & reset the modem.
    There is usally a small reset hole at the back, press it in with a paperclip for about 10 seconds.

Click on Start >Run > Type cmd
    If the computer is holding a current IP address, type ipconfig /release to let go of the address.

Type ipconfig /renew to obtain a new IP address (whether or not the computer is holding a current address).

If this fails try manually assigning the IP address, use the following
    IP Address: 192.168.1.2
    Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1

DNS: 192.111.39.1

Try pinging the default gateway, try pinging 127.0.0.1.
    Do you get any replies??

You could always try resetting TCP/IP
    http://broadbandsupport.eircom.net/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/&/?St=99&E=0000000000042712329&K=9850&Sxi=6&Question7116=obj(7116):obj(7120)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

juice79 wrote:
    Reboot your laptop & reset the modem.
    There is usally a small reset hole at the back, press it in with a paperclip for about 10 seconds.
    Just make 100% sure that you know your BT username and password before you do this, because your modem will be pretty useless after you reset it if you don't know your DSL password.

Make sure that you can log in here to check your usage before resetting the modem - that website uses the same username/password that you'll need when you're setting the modem up again after you do the reset.

(Of course, you can skip the reset altogether, because it won't actually help solve your problem).

Advertisement