Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The procrastination fairy strikes again!

Options
  • 27-11-2006 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else finding that, though it's the last week of term, the urge to procrastinate is stronger than ever? I've so much stuff to do (Japanese oral and aural tomorrow which need to be studied for, and 2 assignments due on Friday) but I'm wasting so much time... I just spent the last 20 minutes making the Super-Happy Anime, J-Pop and Video Game Music playlist (even though listening to Japanese music really doesn't count as studying!) when I could have been learning vocab or coding! Argh... you'd think after being in college this long I'd at least have tried to kick the procrastinating habit!

Tell me I'm not the only one.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

You're absolutely not alone I for example stayed up all of last night to finish a Sociology essay for today.

It happens to everyone but I guess if it gets done on time nobody any the wiser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Definitely not the only one! I was up until 5 this morning refreshing boards under the premise of doing a Databases assignment. Why, right now I should be studying for economics too.

Ehhhh, hooray....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

I got a new boxset of Fraiser and instead of studying for my exam, or doing two assignments or learning stuff for a slide test i watched that instead. I had to drag myself up the stairs and now i'm on boards. D'oh!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Cathertine Tate show and recovering from a bottle of wine and rugby players when it should be gearrscéalta Mairtín Uí Chadhain.
    Although I did have a major study buzz last week which I'm hoping to recreate ..gotta think positive:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

You think that's procrastinating?

I'm listening to the GREASE OST and I'm not even GAY. (And also I'm doing no work)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Ive a 5000-10000 word essay due friday that I havent picked the question for.
    But at least Ive watched the first 2 seasons of the 90s cartoon series Xmen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭XchampagneX

I try to study, but i ended up singing along the the christmas songs that my flatmate put on in the kitchen!! Chestnuts roasting on an open fire....

Waltons wrote:
    Definitely not the only one! I was up until 5 this morning refreshing boards under the premise of doing a Databases assignment. Why, right now I should be studying for economics too.

Ehhhh, hooray....

Good stuff.I bet there were loads of people up all night doing assignments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Try this being your fourth week of procrastinating on the pretense that when i get back from work everyday i'm too tired to study. Oh and Tom Dunne is a dire influence on me, as is having the laptop right next to me aswell as my phone - that's the worst - my texting rate has trebled since being home!

I mean it's not like these exams are worth anything of my degree - oh wait they're only 30% - steph is officially a right idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Well I won't be doing much study tonight, but I think I've got a good reason.

I'm getting my new puppy tonight! (To replace the evil dog which had to be put down.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Maybe you should figure why the other one went psycho, first?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

I'm seeing an all-nighter in my VERY near future. And yet here I am... still procrastinating. I currently have 100 words done of the 2000 word essay that's due tomorrow. Oh the joys.

I'm usually so damn organised too, in all my 3 years I've never had to pull an all-nighter until now! (I am aware of my nerdiness, thanks!)

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

An all-nighter with another girl, right? (j/k - I'm just never going to let it die! Mwahahahaha.)

OT: Silly boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

The procrastination fairy has always treated me with infinite mercy. I hope this year she is as tolerant as I haven't sacrificed to her yet. Maybe tomorrow.

An all-nighter with another girl, right? (j/k - I'm just never going to let it die! Mwahahahaha.)

If it'll make you happy hulla, then yes, that's exactly what it is! :p

I'm now at 200 words, progress!

I want a fookin cigarette man jaysus.

Procrastination isn't actually hitting me as bad as I originally thought, I am actually gettin work done. I [strike]blame[/strike] thank the lack of vices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Eurggh MCQ exam in 20 minutes which i haven't studied for :( :eek:

I bet study my ass of in the next 10 minutes like i've never done before

I totally failed in pulling my all-nighter. I crashed and burned at 3. However, the essay isnt due til 4 and i'm currently procrastinating from writing my conclusion. So it all worked out ok in the end!

Hope the MCQ went well Zane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

I watched 4 action movies on Tuesday, got nothing done! They just suck you in, you can't not watch :( Ridiculous! I'm royally screwed for these exams!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I love procrastination. Goes really well with a duvet. MMhm, warm duvet and procrastination in front of the TV or a DVD... you can't beat it!

I'm officially scared, and it's not even exam worries. Pah, this shít is shít.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

This week, I've been doing far too much Gamesoc stuff and not enough actual work.

Silly me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

DON'T PROCRASTINATE!!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055021675

Heres a link that Zedd found on the after hours thread... probably cos he doesn't spend much time here. He studies, I procrascinate... its a win win situation that was til I saw this... PEOPLE READ IT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

You know who's procrastinating: o2 - ordered my phone two days ago and my order still hasn't been processed grrr.

I'm also being a terror for not getting my book signed - tea is far too tempting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

I haven't been to the library once this semester.

Now that's procrastination! \m/

I haven't been to the library once this semester.

Now that's procrastination! \m/

How is that possible? You're doing a Masters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

You know who's procrastinating: o2 - ordered my phone two days ago and my order still hasn't been processed grrr.

I'm also being a terror for not getting my book signed - tea is far too tempting.
    Thats cos you're from Cork...

Wait...

Dam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Chakar wrote:

Obviously not doing a Masters very well. I haven't been to the library since before christmas last year :D
    I also went to a gamesoc night tonight instead of doing my assignment for tomorrow...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Still not finished my Hegelian Historicism essay.
    I wanna go to bed.
    I can barely believe i'm still procrastinating. it;s due in 12 freakin' hours.

hmm its 4.25am and I'm still up by choice not necessity... somethings gone horribly wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I was so unwell in the library last night I got about 300 words of my big 40% of module do or die Geography assignment, and those 300 words are... well rubbish. :confused: Roll on 3pm... hahaahahahaahah!!111! :(:(
    beanyb wrote:
    Hope the MCQ went well Zane.

It did indeed thank you very much! :) I actually somehow managed to answer everything. If I had studied there was an A grade there for the taking but cramming 10 minutes study before the exam is far more exciting!
    Chakar wrote:

You don't realise how things work here. Seb is a different specie to all other students. Seb studies or generally does any work = fails, Seb does absolutely nothing like a bum = Honours!

Ok, do some ****ing work Zane. :rolleyes:

Advertisement