Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The procrastination fairy strikes again!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

C++ makes baby Jesus cry.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Waltons wrote:
    Obviously not doing a Masters very well.
    True.
    You don't realise how things work here. Seb is a different specie to all other students. Seb studies or generally does any work = fails, Seb does absolutely nothing like a bum = Honours!
    Also true.:D

Only got one result back for the (few) assignments I did this semester; 60%/B-

Score.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

4 Flippin essays due by December 14th. I have no time to waste, and im not even in UCD no more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Het-Field wrote:
    4 Flippin essays due by December 14th. I have no time to waste, and im not even in UCD no more
    Yeah I have one 5,000 word essay due for the day before. Definitely have to start going to the liberry this week, the procrastination has gone far enough!

Hope I get that Invigilation job I put in for too. €13 an hour - not to be sniffed at.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Indeed, and you can easily bump it up by accepting bribes too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Yeah I have one 5,000 word essay due for the day before. Definitely have to start going to the liberry this week, the procrastination has gone far enough!

Hope I get that Invigilation job I put in for too. €13 an hour - not to be sniffed at.

Christmas is such a beautiful time. Imagine Seb, i think you would make a wonderful invigilator. xxx

Graduation Tomorrow !!!!! WOOHOO

I was elected Chairperson of the UCD Young Progressive Democrats Last Thursday. Double woohoo

Just had to throw those in.

I need to stop wasting time on boards and get back to my essay !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Het-Field wrote:
    Christmas is such a beautiful time. Imagine Seb, i think you would make a wonderful invigilator. xxx

Graduation Tomorrow !!!!! WOOHOO

I was elected Chairperson of the UCD Young Progressive Democrats Last Thursday. Double woohoo

Just had to throw those in.

I need to stop wasting time on boards and get back to my essay !!!

What happened to Abie? Maybe you should pm me that...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Pythia wrote:
    What happened to Abie? Maybe you should pm me that...

I think I remember reading in the Observer that he got appointed/elected to some national young pd position so was stepping down in UCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

elmyra wrote:
    I think I remember reading in the Observer that he got appointed/elected to some national young pd position so was stepping down in UCD.

Think I read that too, head of YPD's if I remember correctly?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Oh dear, I just spent the last two hours making Christmas tree decorations out of paper and crayons playschool style to put on the tree I made out of a large twig. My mental age has dropped considerably. The worst thing is technically I'm meant to be the mature one but it was my idea :/

• Advertisement

Ah procrastination... the one thing that makes the brain cancer that is the PvP section of the World of Warcraft forums readable.
    I procrastinate at a PhD level!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

08:50 - arrive in library

08:51 - look at hot girl

08:56 - start surfing the internet

11:02 - checks time to realise he's wasted 2 precious hours of cramming time

11:03 - contines surfing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

The radio and the planning of my move out packing are tearing me away from networks and mammo stuff today - focus i cannot.

Damn it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

In between exams on wednesday I had four hours of perfectly good cramming time. I went out to the car to get away from the noise of the RDS and everything...and then proceeded to spend four hours watching people reverse park and giving them marks out of 10. If I fail, on my head be it, apparently I don't fear it enough to do anything about it!

I don't seem to get The Fear (tm) any more about exams, this is NOT a good thing. I used to rely on it to make me study...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Yea that has left me too. Just a sort of stoic acceptance now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

I think never having christmas exams in college before is making my brain not really believe that i have one tommorrow morning. It just won't learn. And i'm on boards. Again! Argh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

I went to Dundrum, then I went to the movies then I went to the pub, I feel good!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

It's surprising how often I get people on my MSN wondering what they can do to bring the fear back.

I tend to point them here and ask them to visualise their parents' faces when a certain financing question needs to be asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

Why have I spent the past half hour rolling dice across my table, just to see how many times I can get all sixes to come up when I have an exam in two hours?
    I tend to point them here and ask them to visualise their parents' faces when a certain financing question needs to be asked.
    I looked at that, and the dice predict that my parents will not pay any fees. Hrmph....beginning to feel the fear effect, thanks for that. I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I got up at 10 this morning to start study

it's 4pm and done nowt :confused::(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

Boards.ie is surely responsible for masses of time being wasted. Stay off www.onlinefootballmanager.co.uk too, if you like that kind of thing.

I'm into year 3 of a two-year MSc with still not ONE WORD (!!!!!!!!) written of my thesis. It's on Wine Marketing, by the way, just in case anyone has any interesting ideas about what slant I should take...

PM me at rediguana@eircom.net.

Grazie!

Advertisement