Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amocom

Options
  • 27-11-2006 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭

I am out in no-BB land and just got a dim hope that I just may be able to get on Amocom's wireless offering (Bweeng mast). Anybody with them?
    Google & Boards search didn't come up with much or fairly old stuff except for them being expensive. Right so but it is the only way (apart from satellite) to get BB - the cheapest package still works out a bit cheaper than what I am paying now (when I cancel the old ISDN & UTV's so-called dial-up flat rate.).
    Anything on their fair-use policy? I could not find the important stuff like what is considered excessive etc. on their website (not very up-to-date either).
    At least it would work with my wireless router ... or so they say.
    Thanks !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭real_484

not sure where u r located but check with nova networks, found them good, and at the time couldn't get metro, amocan too expensive. They can tell you pretty quickly if they can provide.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

As far as I can tell, Amocom is my only option at this point in time. I've checked, believe me :-). I am located near Lombardstown (Mallow) there's no choice here although the Lombardstown exchange is alledgedly in the Eircom 100 list of lucky rural exchanges :D but when if and when that happens who knows ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭mossie

I got Amocom installed last week. It's not cheap around €140 installation, €40 monthly but I'm happy with it. 1Mbit download, 512Kbit upload, and seems pretty consistent. I'm getting it from Bweeng and I'm further away than you, near Newmarket.
    Mossie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

Yes, I got it from Bween mast too, the same package and I am happy, doesn't seem affected by those bloody storms either, unlike Sky ...
    I agree, it is not cheap, but beggars can't be choosers, this is the only option for BB around here.
    Performance so far is pretty consistent as well

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

sky is either a tad out of whack or the dish is too small or both, my sky was not affected ( 80cm dish) at all and me in the wesht near the coast .

• Advertisement
Advertisement