Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time monitor buyer.....please help

Options
  • 27-11-2006 4:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

hello,
    i've decided to update my entire recording setup, i just now need to get an audio interface and monitors. the monitor budget is approx €200-250.
    At the moment i'm thinking of alesis m1 active 520's. Any thoughts on these? Anything better for the price (they're €199).

Also, anyone know anything about mounting monitors for isolation? I'm thinking of 2 concrete cavity blocks since i dont really have too much to play around with. Any thoughts etc greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

Have a quick look at the tannoy reveals and the behringer truths also.

I've heard that chopping two tennis balls in half and putting a speaker on them (curved side of balls up) is a cheap and effective acoustic decoupler. I spent a few quid on a pair of quiklok stands myself - well worth it.

Yeah a mate of mine used blocks as well, they work pretty well apparently..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

I have a set of Alesis monitor 1's. There are of course better monitors out there but I've gotten very used to them so they work out great for me. I haven't heard the active one's you mention but €199 is good price from a manfacturer that has a decent enough record in the home studio market.

Advertisement