Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Replacement service book-Fiat

Options
  • 27-11-2006 5:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭

I was thinking of buying a fiat, the seller doesnot have the service book.is there any way of getting another service book so when i get it serviced i can get it stamped.

By not having a service book does it reduce the value of the car when going to sell it.

thanks in advance- please stick to the topic and donot go off the point:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

You should be able to get a new service book through the Fiat spare parts network.

Not having one doesn't necessarily reduce the price - but it may make it more difficult to sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Depends on the car but service history does not affect price in Irl and much as it does in UK. If you keep the receipts from the garage it is as good if not better than the stamped book - most garages give a large detailed A4 sheet with service details and a bunch of these in a folder in the glovebox is as good as a service book in my opinion.

As with any car with a timing belt, make sure you have a record of when it was last done - Tippex on the rocker cover isn't sufficient evidence IMHO.

'cptr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

thanks for the suggestions.i will ask him about the recipts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

All else failing, you'd probably get a blank one cheap on ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

you could ask the seller where he/she got it serviced, then get a printout of the service history from the dealer. (that's if there is any history)

• Advertisement
Advertisement