Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

porceline tiles

Options
  • 27-11-2006 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭

i need to fix bathroom fittings to my walls (towel holder etc) what type of drill bit do i need for porceline tiles,any one ? ......missus giving me grief

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

There is actually a special bit for drilling tiles you should be able to pick it up in any hardware store.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

If you've only a couple of holes to drill, a normal masonry bit, some care and some patience will see you through!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Go on to ebay and buy some diamond core drills from Hong Kong.
    Cost about a tenner delivered and thats less than one carbide bit from a local hardware store.
    I have been down this road many times and wasted a load of cash on those stupid carbide bits until I got those diamond bits I wasn't going to drill any more holes in porcelain tiles.

Advertisement