Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coefficient of Variation - What is it?

• 27-11-2006 6:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭

I have a project about income distribution to do, it's almost done (yay!) but there's one question on it i'm having trouble with.

We've been given two datasets, one for each country with 60 incomes on it, and for one of the questions i've to work out the coefficient of variation for each country, which i've done, but i'm having trouble explaining what exactly the numbers mean. Can anyone help?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭gerry87

thanks, but i've stumbled accross that already... I'm not looking for a dictionary definition. I'm wondering if anyone can explain what it means. I've got this number, i know it's ' a measure of dispersion of a probability distribution.', but that doesn't really explain much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

How about this ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭gerry87

is_that_so wrote:
    How about this ?
    Looks like some good stuff in there, i'll have a look through. Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

gerry87 wrote:
    Looks like some good stuff in there, i'll have a look through. Cheers
    good stuff?? its maths what are you talkign about?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement