Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chorus 6MB

Options
  • 27-11-2006 6:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭

Their website says it is 40 Euros a month with free connection.

Does that mean that it will only be 40 euros a month for however long I have it, or do I have to pay more after a couple of months?

Also, do I have to have chorus TV to get in the broadband?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

you dont need chrosu TV and its 40 every month for as long as you have it, However, be aware that you are likely to see speeds of 1mbit to most sites, with a rare increase to 3/4mbit occasioanlly late at night.

A download accelerator like FlashGet is STRONGLY recommended for use on any download over 5mb so you can download it resonably, their current backbone links are saturated, which is why single-stream transmissions are so slow ( bittorent is multi-stream which is why you get decent enough speeds on it ) also, VoIP may be very unreliable due to massive Jitter on the upoad path, will need to test that now again since their routing changes when i get a chance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 felimmcmahon

For the sake of your sanity, don't go with Chorus in Cork. Just ditched 'em after 90 days. 30 days working. 30 days intermittent service. 30 days no service. See other posts in this forum for news on how bad their service is... in Cork, in Naas, in a lot of places it seems...

Advertisement