Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Massive ping on eircom this evening

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Its absolutely painful, has dropped (in the last 15mins) by about 100, you have to remember just because esat/bt and smart use eircoms exchange to get to the consumer doesnt mean they use eircoms data backbone to access the internet, obiviously they do not as they are not experiencing this. Seriously considering a move to BT, this is not the first downtime this has happened to me.

Did you even read the above posts and see that both Esat AND Eircom customers were suffering from a problem?

Further to this, the equipment that I was pinging was the first IP device on the Esat network and the increase in latency had already started at this point... It was not an Internet backbone issue.

Gav

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭burtyburr

I have the eircom3m package and my speeds went through the floor the last few days.Spent forever trying to get tech support to check my line and when they did i was told...
    a. There is a problem with an eircom server and this is leading to the low speeds.
    b. This fault is known and will be dealt with in...
    a few hours(at start of conversion)
    today or tomor...maybe (towards end of conversion)
    c. Eircom will not change me to a new server
    d. I will not be compensated for paying for a service I dont have.

this is two weeks after i had to order a new phone line when eircom disconnected the old one for failure to pay a phonebill that was overdue when in fact I was 32 euro in credit.

And people wonder why i am grumpy

Advertisement