Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from Sweden to Dublin

Options
  • 27-11-2006 7:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi im moving to Dublin on Friday from Sweden to work on IBM and im looking for a place near work (Dublin 15). I just wonder if someone has any advice on areas that is suitable or something general.

Thanks…

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Check out Daft.ie for accomodation/property.

I don't live out on the northside myself so can't really recommend any areas, sorry.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

What kind of budget do you have for rent,and will you be sharing or do you want to rent on your own...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Duffx

My budget will be around 500 euro and i have realized that you have to share to get anything with that budget. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Which IBM branch are you working in, Clonee, Corporate Park or the.....other one? (cant recall where it is)

Probably most foreign workers in Blanch (and theres a fair few!) live in areas such as Clonsilla/Ongar (near the Clonee one) Castlecurragh/Warrenstown (nearby to both Clonee and the Corporate Park). Ongar is fairly grand. Castlecurragh/W`Town borders some dodgy areas (Ladyswell stand up my G`z ;) ) but I wouldnt say yid get massive hassle round there either. Their your two closest areas, plenty to rent in Blanch village.

If your house huntin prepare for a good walk, Blanch is fairly big.

As for your budget, you wont rent a house for under 1100. Yid get a small room for 300 odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I understand the IBM intranet has stuff like this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Valkommen till Irland. Check out dublinsvenskar.brolin.info but maybe you already are on resedagboken?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Duffx

I will be working on IBM in Ballycolin (IDA Busines park).
    Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it.

biko <--
    mycket bra sidor, lite importerad kalles kaviar kommer nog smaka gott om ett par månader :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Duffx wrote:
    biko <--
    mycket bra sidor, lite importerad kalles kaviar kommer nog smaka gott om ett par månader :D
    You're in luck in that IKEA is opening up a store in Dublin soon sometime. Hell, I'll drive up 4 hours just to stock up on Swedish food and sweets :D PMa om du kommer over till Galway nan gang.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Duffx wrote:
    I will be working on IBM in Ballycolin (IDA Busines park).
    Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it.

biko <--

For Ballycoolin, Tyrellstown estate, C`curragh/ W`town and the village are your best bets. Afaik there isnt any housing directly beside Ballycoolin, most of it is at least 15 min away.

Advertisement