Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

better than benoit

• 27-11-2006 8:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭

Mr.Kennedy.....................kennedy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

what?

you think Mr Kennedy is a better wrestler that Chris Benoit?

lol tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I dont think Mr. Kennedy is a better wrestler than Benoit I think he is more entertaining to watch but Benoit is a better wrestler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

There was a discussion about this on another thread.

Someone silence this troll.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Kennedy is so overrated it's unreal. His skill is that he can announce himself, and that stopped being interesting 6 months ago. Benoit is one of the greatest wrestlers ever, Kennedy is very, very average.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

There was a discussion about this on another thread.

Someone silence this troll.:rolleyes:

To be fair I asked her to put a list up. I thought it might have been a longer list than 1 though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

kennedy better than benoit?An average wrestler better then one of the top few WRESTLERS in the world today?At this moment in time Mr kennedy does not even come close to benoit in wrestling skill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭d1sc0g1rl

Reganio 2 wrote:
    I dont think Mr. Kennedy is a better wrestler than Benoit I think he is more entertaining to watch but Benoit is a better wrestler.
    yeah ken is more entertaining.that's what i've been trying to tell every one but everyone is entitled to their own opinion i suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

fatal wrote:
    kennedy better than benoit?An average wrestler better then one of the top few WRESTLERS in the world today?At this moment in time Mr kennedy does not even come close to benoit in wrestling skill
    i'd go as far as saying an average sports entertainer against one of the best wrestlers going

i'd go as far as saying an average sports entertainer against one of the best wrestlers going

agreed...i should have known better

no i'm not giving out just saying you could even take it further.:)

• Advertisement

If benoit having a wrestler in a headlock for about 30mins entertains you then fair enough

d1sc0g1rl wrote:
    If benoit having a wrestler in a headlock for about 30mins entertains you then fair enough
    if benoit can not only be employed, but in fact be in demand for 20 years in the wrestling business he must be entertaining, but if wrestling isn't what entertains you, fair enough :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

d1sc0g1rl wrote:

you really dont know the difference between wrestling and sports entertainment do you?

d1sc0g1rl is a better heel than Ken Kennedy.

d1sc0g1rl is a better heel than Ken Kennedy.
    Vince135792003 is a better wrestler than benoit (which wouldn't be hard :D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Jay-Jay

Mossy Monk wrote:
    you really dont know the difference between wrestling and sports entertainment do you?
    ya'll are picking on d1sc0g1rl because she is a girl i for one agree with d1sc0g1rl i think every word she wrote is absolutly true benoit only has five moves and they are 1.crossface 2.headbutt 3.sharpshotter 4.the suplexes 5.chops i don't knoww how 5 moves entertains you guys and everyone is always having a go at cena why don't you guys Grow Up!

Mossy Monk wrote:
    just because i don't find benoit entertaining means i don't know anything about wrestling,get real:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I'm not a huge fan of pure wrestling and i'm not a huge fan of all this 'sports entertainment' stuff! I like a healthy mix of both! Although, i'm WWE through and through, so I guess I am sorta more sport entertainment than pure wrestling.

Kennedy (........Kennedy!) will be a huge star in the future and Benoit bores the crap out of me (ever since I started watching wrestling, i've hated him), but I respect him and he is one of the best in the business. Give the man a personality and you've got one of the best all rounders of all time! But give Kennedy some time and he won't be too far behind Benoit. I don't believe a World Title run would be best for Kennedy at the moment, but give him a few more years.......

Jay-Jay wrote:
    ya'll are picking on d1sc0g1rl because she is a girl i for one agree with d1sc0g1rl i think every word she wrote is absolutly true benoit only has five moves and they are 1.crossface 2.headbutt 3.sharpshotter 4.the suplexes 5.chops i don't knoww how 5 moves entertains you guys and everyone is always having a go at cena why don't you guys Grow Up!
    discogirl has just made another account it seems:D

Jay-Jay wrote:

Very noble of you. I don't think it has anything to with her being a girl. Maybe if she backed up her points with a few examples, people might be a little less hard on her. If you say "Benoit is rubbish" on a wrestling board, you shouldn't be surprised with the reaction you get.

The majority of good guys in the WWE have/had a standard comeback routine.

Bret Harts was the russian leg sweep, back breaker, elbow off the second rope, then the sharpshooter.

Shawn Michaels is a flying forearm, nip up, elbow drop, sweet chin music.

Eddie Guerrero's was three suplexes, a beat of his chest and then the frog splash.

The Rocks comeback was usually a DDT, samoan drop, spine buster/rock bottom and then a peoples elbow.

See a pattern? And Benoit is exactly the same. And he's great. Just as the four mentioned above are. You can get Bret Harts shoot dvd online about the psychology of a wrestling match on a torrent site. You might get the picture then.

• Advertisement

Minto wrote:
    I'm not a huge fan of pure wrestling and i'm not a huge fan of all this 'sports entertainment' stuff! I like a healthy mix of both! Although, i'm WWE through and through, so I guess I am sorta more sport entertainment than pure wrestling.

Kennedy (........Kennedy!) will be a huge star in the future and Benoit bores the crap out of me (ever since I started watching wrestling, i've hated him), but I respect him and he is one of the best in the business. Give the man a personality and you've got one of the best all rounders of all time! But give Kennedy some time and he won't be too far behind Benoit. I don't believe a World Title run would be best for Kennedy at the moment, but give him a few more years.......
    thank you minto I could not have said it better myself;)

Very noble of you.

The majority of good guys in the WWE have/had a standard comeback routine.

Bret Harts was the russian leg sweep, back breaker, elbow off the second rope, then the sharpshooter.

Shawn Michaels is a flying forearm, nip up, elbow drop, sweet chin music.

Eddie Guerrero's was three suplexes, a beat of his chest and then the frog splash.

The Rocks comeback was usually a DDT, samoan drop, spine buster/rock bottom and then a peoples elbow.

See a pattern? And Benoit is exactly the same. And he's great. Just as the four mentioned above are.
    Hold on a sec did you actually say the Rock was great wrestler? OMG

d1sc0g1rl wrote:

If you can say Ken Kennedy is a great wrestler/entertainer/whatever, I can say the Rock is great.

Is he better than Bret Hart? Not in my opinion. But as each year passes and the more I watch the crap WWE churn out, the better the Rock looks. He was always viewed as a great great entertainer but I think in retrospect he can be viewed as a great wrestler. And he's got a list of great matches to prove it.

The Rock has had some classic matches, but as Vince135792003 said, hes not as good as Bret Hart (whom I won't start on, cos i'll be here all night ranting about him), hes not even as good as Hogan, but when he steped in the ring, he was simply electrifying and not many can do that and do it as consistantly as he did!

d1sc0g1rl wrote:

And are you saying Ken Kennedy is a better wrestler than The Rock because that's laughable since The Rock can actually make an impression in the ring.
    fatal wrote:
    discogirl has just made another account it seems:D

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. She has more personalities than Mick Foley. :)

Minto wrote:
    , hes not even as good as Hogan

We were doing so well until that part! I really want to agree with someone on here today.

Stick in any ppv from the 1980's with Hogan in it and if he's not in the ring with Randy Savage its very hard to watch. I think the Rock was far better than Hogan as a wrestler.

This thread has had a lot of twists and turns. I thought I'd twist it one more time.

Whats with all the personal abuse on these pages in the last day or two? I know wrestling is a passionate subject, but come on guys! Lets shake hands like men (and women) and stop with the personal abuse

P.S. I know i'm not a mod, but I don't wanna see these threads closed cos of petty arguing!

I think its great. Brought some life into the place.

It be nice if other people could back up their points. But random whacky comments (ie. Benoit is crap) every now and again are always interesting.

I think its great. Brought some life into the place.

True, very true, but when it gets as personal as some of the comments made on this and similar threads, it just isn't fun anymore!

• Advertisement

You still haven't told me how Hogan in his prime was a better wrestler than the Rock. I want to read this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Right I think we can all agree that Benoit is a better wrestler than Kennedy but Kennedy is a better entertainer than Benoit. I think everybody got their lines mixed up here that. d1sc0g1rl (I think) was trying to say Kennedy is more entertaining but used the word wrestler instead. Well thats my Jerry Springer moment.

Benoit Is Crap..............crap :D

I just think Hogan went through more to get where he was, than The Rock did! Hogan had some more classic and important matches in his prime than The Rock did. Maybe, I should have said that Hogan was a more influential wrestler than The Rock, apologies Vince, not as good a read as it must of sounded originally!

d1sc0g1rl wrote:
    Benoit Is Crap..............crap

Sure you're not a Eugene fan?

d1sc0g1rl wrote:
    Benoit Is Crap..............crap :D
    you are some big kennedy fan arn't ya i think d1sc0g1rl is an obsessed kennedy fan as she repeats the last word of her sentances twice as for benoit i don't think he is as good of entertainer as kennedy

• Advertisement

Jay-Jay wrote:
    you are some big kennedy fan arn't ya i think d1sc0g1rl is an obsessed kennedy fan as she repeats the last word of her sentances twice as for benoit i don't think he is as good of entertainer as kennedy

she likes his looks thats all and somehow she thinks the better looking the guy the better wrestler he is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Reganio 2 wrote:
    but Kennedy is a better entertainer than Benoit..

Wrong in my opinion! Might aswell throw in my thoughts here! Wrestling is entertainment. And a good wrestling match is like a good story, at the start it sets the scene for what's going to happen, there's twists and turns along the way, and in the end there's an ending (happy or otherwise) which makes sense, as should everything else in the match

Someone said something about Benoit doing a headlock for 30 minutes not being entertaining. I'll take it that it was hyperbole, cos I wouldn't find that entertaining myself! But it's fair to say that sometimes he will apply a submission/rest hold for longer than some other wrestlers. But if you think of it in terms of the psychology of the match, rather than just what you see right in front of you at that moment, it makes sense

Just goin to throw out an analogy here: if you think of your favourite film, there's not action happening every second of it. And if there is, I'd take a safe bet at saying there's not much in the way of storyline to it! There'll be some drawn out periods, some quiet moments, all which are intended to make sense of other parts of the film and to help emphasise the action when it does take place. It's kind of like the quiet build up in a song before a solo sometimes. And a good wrestling match follows the exact same rules

Benoit's matches make good psychological sense, and he is the best person in WWE at the moment at telling a good story in the ring (leaving CM Punk out for the sake of argument!)

Reganio 2 wrote:
    Right I think we can all agree that Benoit is a better wrestler than Kennedy but Kennedy is a better entertainer than Benoit.

I couldn't disagree more.

there's a few people on the board that can't seem to tell the difference between fantasy : reality, their opinion : FACT!

far too many posts stating things with absolutely no backing up and hoping that repeatedly whining the same point will make it true.

fatal wrote:
    she likes his looks thats all and somehow she thinks the better looking the guy the better wrestler he is
    you must think the more boring the guy is the better the wrestler he is:p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

look at the name World Wrestling Entertainment, as far as Wrestling goes Benoit is at the top of the pile with Bret Hart and Kurt Angle, this is why he was often called "Probably the best technical wrestler in the WWE".

However many of the WWE's fanbase much prefer the Entertainment aspect at which the Technical wrestlers can often struggle (see Shelton Benjamin), unfortunatley this is the case with Benoit and many fans such as Discogirl or Jay Jay will find him boring despite the classic matches he hass had such as RR with Angle or his Jericho rivalry.

Personally i believe he is one of the better Wrestlers out there whom if he had more charisma would have become WWE champ much earlier in his Career

lets stop talking about benoit ok i thought everyone on the boards had their own opinion obviously not when we keep geting personal with other members i'm just saying benoit is boring imo maybe not in you'res as you like technical wrestling and you don't go for the entertainment i think all the Technical Fans should go on to this Sky channel called the wrestling channel and Watch world of Sport as you guys like Boring Wrestling
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

look at the name World Wrestling Entertainment, as far as Wrestling goes Benoit is at the top of the pile with Bret Hart and Kurt Angle, this is why he was often called "Probably the best technical wrestler in the WWE".

However many of the WWE's fanbase much prefer the Entertainment aspect at which the Technical wrestlers can often struggle (see Shelton Benjamin), unfortunatley this is the case with Benoit and many fans such as Discogirl or Jay Jay will find him boring despite the classic matches he hass had such as RR with Angle or his Jericho rivalry.
    Personally i believe he is one of the better Wrestlers out there whom if he had more charisma would have become WWE champ much earlier in his Career

Seconded :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Jay-Jay wrote:
    i'm just saying benoit is boring imo maybe not in you'res as you like technical wrestling and you don't go for the entertainment i think all the Technical Fans should go on to this Sky channel called the wrestling channel and Watch world of Sport as you guys like Boring Wrestling
    :mad:

I go for the entertainment. Benoit entertains me a lot more than most people in WWE. Like Kennedy for example, since he's the guy this thread was started about. Personally, I am more entertained by a usual Benoit match than I am when I watch a guy like Kennedy wrestle and talk on the mic. His mic work the last few weeks has looked terrible, and his matches don't match up to Benoit's

I honestly don't see how you can call Benoit boring. I'd accept it if you just didn't like his style, if you just go for the superficial visuals of a match. Then I'd understand that it's not for you. But to call him boring honestly confuses me

World of Sport had some great storytelling in their matches, by the way, although a good few stinkers too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,009 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Benoit is a great wrestler and his matches are compelling due to the intensity he conveys in the ring but in my humble opinion he's not in the least bit entertaining on the mic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Dragan wrote:

thats pathetic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Mrs Roy Keane

At present Benoit is the best wrestler in the WWE but you got to wonder how long more will he stay. Kennedy has huge potential and i'm glad he is not getting fed to Taker that he is winning some matches

I know people here think chris benoit is the best wrestler and that's fine I just don't like the type of wrestling he does. I prefer the more exciting non stop action wrestling that say RVD or shawn michaels does.And I don't think it's very fair to say that because i don't like chris benoit wrestling then i should not be watching wrestling.:mad:

but you do think its fair to say that, just because you don't like him, he's boring, even in the face of all that he has acheived

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement