Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

better than benoit

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭d1sc0g1rl

but you do think its fair to say that, just because you don't like him, he's boring, even in the face of all that he has acheived
    I don't like the way he wrestles.And in my opinion he bores me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

d1sc0g1rl wrote:
    I don't like the way he wrestles.And in my opinion he bores me.

You just don't get it. Thats basically it. It's like an English student in college saying Shakespeare or a Freud was a nobody.

You just don't get it. Thats basically it. It's like an English student in college saying Shakespeare or a Freud was a nobody.
    What are you on about,
    what is there to get? He bores me

d1sc0g1rl wrote:
    what is there to get?

The greatness of Chris Benoit and the multitude of great matches and memories he's given to all wrestling fans.

Heres a good way to spend 23 euro: http://www.silvervision.co.uk/product.asp?currency=EUR&pf_id=WWE1095&recno=19

I don't think you get it.I have been saying for days that i don't like chris benoit wrestling.Why would i spend 23 euro on a chris benoit DVD?

d1sc0g1rl wrote:
    I don't think you get it.I have been saying for days that i don't like chris benoit wrestling.Why would i spend 23 euro on a chris benoit DVD?

You might change your mind.

for some reason i don't think so

I thing you might be surprised. He's been in a few matches that were pretty emotional even if he's not your thing ie. the tribute match for Owen Hart with Bret and the night he won the title which was really everything that was good about wrestling. It was very moving.

if you buy it for me as a chrismas present i MIGHT watch it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I think the most telling thing is how many wrestlers cite Benoit as the best. Obviously nobody is going to know wrestling as well as the people who do it, and so many of them rank Benoit as one of the best that there has to be a lot of truth to it

I can see that, but I find I hard to believe when other people don't. Benoit IS wrestling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

a good present for myself right there. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Mossy Monk wrote:
    a good present for myself right there. thanks

Got it yonks ago,just threw it on there,the ovation at the Rumble '03 still makes me mark out for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Jay-Jay

actually i'm not benoit fan myself his wrestling does not entertain me at all my favourite type of wrestling is kinda D-Generation X,orton,cena,kennedy and MVP.i wouldn't buy a benoit DVD for 23 euro or whatever it is i'll rather buy a kennedy DVD or a orton DVD i don't understand why the members on the board like d1sc0g1rl,vince13252003 or whatever hes called etc. don't respect everyone on the board they should let the members like the wrestling that they like and not telling them to buy benoits DVD or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

You are of course entitled to your opinion. But seeing as how you cite the 'wrestling' of John Cena as one of your favourites, you can expect me to give your opinions a fitting weight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

You are of course entitled to your opinion. But seeing as how you cite the 'wrestling' of John Cena as one of your favourites, you can expect me to give your opinions a fitting weight.

Jay-Jay wrote:
    i can't drive i am not over 16 besides i wanted to go to the one in bray but bray is a good bit away from dundalk don't ya think fora guy dat dosn't have a car

that explains everything.....why he hates benoit,likes john cena''s "wrestling" etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Got it yonks ago,just threw it on there,the ovation at the Rumble '03 still makes me mark out for him.

Haven't watched it in ages, but I'm sure the ovation is cut out, or is the Eddie celebration cut out at the end of the mania match?

Yeah they dont dwell on the end of the Rumble match that much,but I still remember watching it on ppv,one of my fave matches ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeMBMnyayjQ

For anyone who doubts the crippler isn't 'for real'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeMBMnyayjQ

For anyone who doubts the crippler isn't 'for real'.
    OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fatal wrote:
    OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Just about begins to sum it up.

• Advertisement

ouch indeed

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Sweet Jesus! Amazing!

Love Benoit.
    Legend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

i surpised Sabu is still walking today after that let alone wrestling.

Legend has it he was wrestling in Japan two weeks after the operation! \o/

He was definately wrestling in ECW less than two months later.

The man's moniker is right on the button.

I don't even know what Benoit was going for. Doesn't look like any suplex I've seen. Apparently 'communication problems' were to blame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Starts off like a fisherman suplex but i think Sabu got the wrong idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Ken Kennedy is the better mic technician with average mat skills.

Benoit is the better mat technician with legitimate shoot ability, having trained with some of the finest catch wrestlers the world has to offer.

Apples & oranges.

dlofnep wrote:
    Apples & oranges.

No it's not, it's wrestler & wrestler, and Benoit's better

The comparison is apples and oranges. Benoit's mat ability versus Kennedy's charisma and mic ability. I'd pretty much say trying to compare the two would make it apples and oranges. Now if you were to compare Benoit with Kurt Angle, then you could compare their mat ability.

Kennedy is better than benoit END OF STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! close this thread Please someone

dlofnep wrote:
    The comparison is apples and oranges. Benoit's mat ability versus Kennedy's charisma and mic ability. I'd pretty much say trying to compare the two would make it apples and oranges. Now if you were to compare Benoit with Kurt Angle, then you could compare their mat ability.

I still think you can compare them in terms of how entertained you are when they're on tv though

• Advertisement

Jay-Jay wrote:
    Kennedy is better than benoit END OF STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! close this thread Please someone

yeah better close it. the authority on the matter said so. close it quick before someone else disagrees with him. quick quick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Mossy Monk wrote:
    yeah better close it. the authority on the matter said so. close it quick before someone else disagrees with him. quick quick

Nah, Jay-Jay has an opinion on Benoit - everyone else has their own opinions - as long as there are no personal attacks, this thread is staying open forever, and ever, and ever and ever....

this thread will be here next christmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Jay-Jay wrote:
    this thread will be here next christmas

Maybe by then Kennedy will have proven himself!
    Until then i'm afraid I would have to go with Benoit every time!

Gillie wrote:
    Maybe by then Kennedy will have proven himself!
    Until then i'm afraid I would have to go with Benoit every time!
    I think he will have proven himself by then.2007 will be the year for ken kennedy.I will be surpised if he is not world champion by the end of next year

discogirl, do you have a crush on Mr. Kennedy? Cos you know, me and him are great friends - I could hook you up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

i remember stumbling upon nitro one night many years ago. the main highlight of the show that night was the suprise appearance of Scott Hall (yes, the first episode i saw was that one), but seeing chris benoit wrestle blew me away. i looked upon him as the bret hart of the wcw and wanted to see a match between the two of them. got to see it eventually and it didn't disappoint.
    nothing that kennedy has done has had the same effect on me.

dlofnep wrote:
    discogirl, do you have a crush on Mr. Kennedy? Cos you know, me and him are great friends - I could hook you up.
    How did you guess? you know what next time ken is in Ireland tell him to give me a ring.you are a right little matchmaker aren't you?lol:D

julep wrote:
    i remember stumbling upon nitro one night many years ago. the main highlight of the show that night was the suprise appearance of Scott Hall (yes, the first episode i saw was that one), but seeing chris benoit wrestle blew me away. i looked upon him as the bret hart of the wcw and wanted to see a match between the two of them. got to see it eventually and it didn't disappoint.
    nothing that kennedy has done has had the same effect on me.
    Yeah whatever

• Advertisement

d1sc0g1rl wrote:
    Yeah whatever
    I've said it before, but it needs saying again. I'm ashamed to be a fan of Kennedy when I see the posts made in defence of him.

We shouldn't go too hard on these poor souls, though.

d1sc0g1rl obviously has a crush and Jay-Jay is probably very young.

I remember myself watching the 30-minute submission-only ironman match between Benoit and Angle. I remember I was soon dying for someone to do a missile drop kick. I was only young and didn't really appreciate what I was seeing.

d1sc0g1rl wrote:
    How did you guess? you know what next time ken is in Ireland tell him to give me a ring.you are a right little matchmaker aren't you?lol:D

Consider it done.

I've said it before, but it needs saying again. I'm ashamed to be a fan of Kennedy when I see the posts made in defence of him.

I remember myself watching the 30-minute submission-only ironman match between Benoit and Angle. I remember I was soon dying for someone to do a missile drop kick. I was only young and didn't really appreciate what I was seeing.[/QUOT
    Oh,now i know u's are all a bunch of old men who can't take too much excitment:p

I remember myself watching the 30-minute submission-only ironman match between Benoit and Angle. I remember I was soon dying for someone to do a missile drop kick. I was only young and didn't really appreciate what I was seeing.

so what,you don't know much about wrestling if ya like chris benoit i mean how could a person sit in their couch watching benoit have a guy like chavo guerrrero in a crossface for an hour,i don't get the point of this thread actually its gonna go on 4ever so why doesn't someone lock it b4 d1sc0g1rl or vince or fatal or someone else dissagrees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

d1sc0g1rl wrote:
    Oh,now i know u's are all a bunch of old men who can't take too much excitment:p

Seeing as you're a Kennedy fan who dislikes Benoit's wrestling, I'd say you're the one who can't take much excitement.

Q. Why is Ken Kennedy so bad with the ladies?

A. He doesn't know any moves...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Seeing as you're a Kennedy fan who dislikes Benoit's wrestling, I'd say you're the one who can't take much excitement.

post of the thread - cause it made me chuckle.

As a fan of wrestling for atleast 25 years - yup I am that old :) I can honestly say I see the potential in Kennedy to become good, but I dont ever see him being great. And when I say great I mean like HHH of old, or Austin, or Rock - the type of wrestler who could mesmerise the audience with his words and his actions.

Comparing Kennedy as a wrestler to Benoit as a wrestler is like comparing water to wine. Yes Kennedy is the better mouthpiece in the ring - but that, overall does not make him a good wrestling entertainer.

If I was to admit who I think the future is - no one comes to mind, atleast no one who would be allowed "break through". You have guys like Edge, CM Punk, RVD, etc - who should have been in the spotlight ages ago - but now they are stuck on either second rate shows or constantly feuding with guys who dont want to step aside, even for a brief period.

Then look at guys WWE used to have - Rhyno, Christian, etc - guys who were good, who were great in the ring, who were charismatic on the mic - and they released them - why? because they didnt fit with Vinny Macs ideal of wrestling. Which as we have all seen in recent times, is constantly slipping away from reality and going back to his fantasy of what it should be.

Remember he did say at one stage, he would love to remove the wrestling aspect out of the product and just be left with the soap opera

• Advertisement

Jay-Jay wrote:
    so what,you don't know much about wrestling if ya like chris benoit

So..wrestlers don't know much about wrestling?

I was actually thinking about what you're touching on earlier Ph3n0m, that there's not any wrestlers who you can see becoming stand out stars in the style of Austin, Rock, etc. I definitely absolutely believe that Punk's got it, he's already shown that in the past, but I can't see him doing the same thing again in WWE unless they change their direction. I don't think WWE is the sort of environment where a star can be born now

I don't think TNA is a place that can make a huge star either, simply because their tapings are too "intimate" and they don't have the sort of following that makes a star the size of the guys I mentioned. Not yet anyway. But I do believe that they have more potential stars. If the Rhino that you see today were pushed in WWE back in 1998, I think he would've been one of the biggest names around

I always think back to what Jim Cornette said when he left WWE, that Shane McMahon looked at him like he had two heads when he said they should call their workers "wrestlers". He was told that WWE is not a wrestling company

Just to get back to this wonderful Kennedy argument though, I don't think he's the worst wrestler in the world or anything, it just comes across like that when you're comparing him to one of the very best in the world, ever. Compare him to the likes of Vito or Sylvan and Kennedy wins every time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Gizzle

Just when you think you've got the answers, I change all the questions! And also, I don't think you need charisma (which Benoit does not have) to be entertaining in the WWE.

Just look at Shawn "Meat" Stasiak during his "craziak" period. I still laugh at the image of him running into the ring just to be thrown straight out by anyone who was there at the time.

Don't worry lads we'll all be put in our place when the 2-disc Ken Kennedy story comes out :p

now that's funny

your the right little comedian aren't you.That was so funny I forgot to laugh:rolleyes: benoit and excitement sorry they just don't mix

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement